The perfect graduation treat! Congratulations to all the grads out there! To celebrate commencement, here is an easy-to-make Graduation Cap Pop! The perfect treat for your graduation party!
Small Peanut Butter Cups
Chocolate Squares, or Fudge-covered Graham Crackers, or Square Chocolate Mints, or chop a Chocolate Bar into a square, or use a candy mold to make chocolate squares
Sour candy "belts"
Lollipop Sticks (available in craft or cooking aisles/stores)
Related: Cheesy diplomas, happy-face cakes and 14 other graduation party recipes
1. Chill chocolates beforehand, on a plate for several minutes, to make them easier to handle (without melting). Keep them on the chilled plate while working, and if they begin to get soften, return to refrigerator.
2. Unwrap candies, and if you like, arrange groups of squares, peanut butter cups, and choose mini M&Ms to match your school colors.
3. While the chocolates chill,
- Disney Spoonful | Shine Food – 10 hours ago
The perfect graduation treat! Congratulations to all the grads out there! To celebrate commencement, here is an easy-to-make Graduation Cap Pop! The perfect treat for your graduation party!Read More »from Candy Pops & Circumstance: A Grad Party Treat They'll Love
- Oprah.com | Shine Food – 10 hours ago
Photo: ThinkstockBy Nicole FrehséeRead More »from 7 Fruits and Vegetables that Reverse the Signs of Aging
The human diet contains thousands of antioxidants--nutrients that may help do everything from preventing wrinkles to killing off cancerous cells. But while many foods from chocolate to popcorn promise these health benefits, your best bet for a long, vibrant future begins with produce.
RELATED: 12 Ways to Improve Your Family's Health
Lycopene, an antioxidant that can combat free radicals (molecules or ions that can damage healthy cells and suppress your immune system), gets the credit for tomatoes' ability to help protect against some cancers, including lung cancer. If possible, opt for Classica tomatoes--in a study of 13 tomato varieties, Classicas ranked highest in lycopene.
This popular leafy green is a major source of vitamin K (one cup cooked contains almost 12 times your recommended daily value), which may help ward off heart disease and osteoporosis. Ask for Winterbor kale at your local farmers' market--in addition to vitamin K, this variety contains
By Lynn Andriani
We go beyond fruit, raw veggies and cheese sticks to find the best salty and sweet bites.
Creamy Chicken Noodles in celebration of Glover's victory! Last night, Ryan Seacrest announced that Candice Glover was crowned season 12's American Idol. So, what makes up an American Idol? A beautiful voice of course, a friendly personality, Mariah Carey's approval, the hearts of America, and creamy chicken noodles? Yes! Celebrate Glover's victory with her favorite meal. You will love this diva-licious dinner - and who knows, maybe you will be the next American Idol!Read More »from Ingredients of an Idol: Dinner with American Idol Candice Glover
3 lbs. chicken thighs
1 cup chicken stock
1 cup evaporated milk
2 tablespoons minced onion or 1/2 teaspoon onion powder
3 tablespoons fat from cooking thighs
3 tablespoons all-purpose flour
1 tablespoon fresh parsley, chopped
1 teaspoon dried thyme, crushed
Salt and pepper to taste
1 pound noodles, cooked al dente and kept warm
Related: 26 of our favorite light-and-easy chicken dishes
1.Preheat oven to 375 degrees F.
2. Place chicken thighs on a rack over a baking pan.
3. Bake for 1 hour or until juices run clear and a thermometer inserted in
He may be a celebrity chef, but to Jamie Oliver's four kids, he's just a dad making a healthy dinner. And it doesn't stop at his own table: He's on a mission to get every child to eat better. In honor of Food Revolution Day on May 17th, Everyday Food editor Sarah Carey shows you how to make Jamie Oliver's colorful shredded salad.
Related: Easy, Everyday Meatless Recipes
Shredded Rainbow Salad
2 raw medium beets (any color), trimmed, scrubbed, and quartered
1/4 red cabbage, quartered
2 large carrots, scrubbed and trimmed
1/4 white cabbage, quartered
2 pears, stems removed and quartered
1 cup walnut halves, roughly bashed
2 handfuls fresh curly parsley or mint, chopped
For the Dressing:
1 tablespoon mayonnaise
2 teaspoons mustard
3 tablespoons cider vinegar
6 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
Sea salt and ground pepper
Related: 10 Healthy and Delicious Smoothie Recipes to Try
1. Put a coarse grater attachment into a food processor and push Read More »from A Colorful Salad You'll Actually Want to Eat
For any good, diet-abiding citizen, a simple trip to the supermarket or convenience store can easily feel like a tap dance across a minefield of temptations - having to narrowly skirt well-concealed calorie-bombs at nearly every turn.Read More »from Unhealthy Drinks to Avoid at the Supermarket
Click here to see Unhealthy Drinks to Avoid at the Supermarket
Areas like the frozen foods aisle and the chips and cookies shelves are obvious danger zones for the health-conscious shopper, but be careful not to overlook the potential diet pitfalls sitting in those beverage-stocked cold cases. From juices and iced teas to flavored milks and protein shakes, drinks can often be like the evil ninja warriors of dieting.
What Your Drink Says About Your Relationship Status
Oftentimes, many of those drinks we are led to believe are "healthy" (thanks, in large part, to shrewd marketing), are actually quite the opposite.
The Coolest Starbucks Stores from Around the World
Just because drinking tea can be good for your health doesn't mean that bottle of calorie-
Pizza! If you grew up obsessed with it - postgame pizza, movie pizza, baby-sitting pizza, college pizza, pizza, pizza, pizza! - and followed that American passion for cheese, sauce, and bread with an adult pursuit of the best slice, the finest pie, the Platonic Neapolitan, then the idea of naming America's best is likely contentious.Read More »from 35 Best Pizzas in America
12 Most Bizarre Pizza Toppings
"A best pizza list? I know pizza. That's not great pizza!" Yes, pizza is tough to rank responsibly. Consider that just years ago, The New York Times' then critic Sam Sifton said Motorino "serves the city's best pizza." It was enough to make you roll your eyes and call him out for knowing better, right? City's best? Not its best artisanal or Neapolitan pie? What about its best slice? And what is a "best" slice or pie anyway? After all, you could argue that great pizza can be many different things.
When Did Pizza Meet Red Pepper Flakes?
Given America's current love affair for Neapolitan pies, some might argue great pizza
Have fun grilling with these cool gadgets.5 unusual gadgets that you may have never dreamed you needed, but once you try 'em out you may never want to grill without 'em!Read More »from 5 Wacky Tools for Grilling
1. The first step to any flavorful festivity is applying the right seasonings, and with our first find you can smear your seasoning directly onto the grill. The Mr. Bar-B-Q Onion Seasoning Grill Brush ($13) has little teeth that sink into an onion to hold it steady as you rub it all over the grates. And it's a two-for-one deal: this seasoning brush both flavors and cleans the grill!
Related: Best Outdoor Grills of 2013
2. Depending on what you're celebrating, throw your ground meat into the Mr. Bar-B-Q U.S.A Burger Press ($10.30) to form a patty in the shape of the USA! Even after grilling, the burger keeps its shape. Patriotic patties are perfect for Memorial Day, the 4th of July, or any time you're feeling especially fun and festive.
3. In order to perfectly flip your burgers, enlist some help with the Mr. Bar-B-Q Spong ($14). The Spong combines two very
Because, really, need we say more?When Crazy, Stupid, Love came out, fans were ogling Ryan Gosling in all his tanned glory, but beyond the custom suits and the perfect abs, many viewers claimed that seeing Ryan Gosling down a slice of pizza while looking red-carpet ready was what sent them over the edge. Well, really anything Ryan Gosling does drives us over the edge, but that's another story for our teenage hormones.
Read More »from Hot Actors Eating
- 10 Self-Help Books for the New GenerationMon, Feb 4, 2013 6:38 PM EST
- Do You Have the Most Vivid Memories from Your Life from Age 15 to 25?Tue, Feb 5, 2013 11:35 AM EST
- Is Your Gym Making You Sick?Tue, Feb 5, 2013 10:10 AM EST
- Better Together: 4 Reasons Why I'm Glad My Kids Share a RoomTue, Feb 5, 2013 2:51 PM EST
- Is Lisa Ling's Father a Pothead?Tue, Feb 5, 2013 3:29 PM EST
- Nerding Out in Nature: One Smart Phone. Two Kids. Tons of FunTue, Feb 5, 2013 3:07 PM EST
- PHOTOS: The Best Chevron Wedding DetailsTue, Feb 5, 2013 1:42 PM EST
- Roadblocks to Intimacy--and How to Get Around ThemMon, Feb 4, 2013 6:50 PM EST
- How to Conquer Your 10 Biggest Marriage FearsFri, Feb 22, 2013 3:23 PM EST