February 2013Valentine's Day is quickly approaching and if you are looking for an indulgent dessert that won't ruin your diet, try our Dark Chocolate Chunk Cookies! This recipe replaces half the butter with an extra bar of chocolate, so you and your sweetheart can enjoy these sweet cookies without the guilt!
Related: Wickedly Delicious Chocolate Desserts
Dark Chocolate Chunk Cookies
*For an even chewier texture, substitute 1/2 cup hazelnut or almond flour for 1/2cup all-purpose flour.
- 3/4 cup uncooked regular oats
- 1/4 cup butter, softened
- 3/4 cup firmly packed light brown sugar
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 2 large eggs
- 1 tsp. vanilla extract
- 1 3/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/2 tsp. baking soda
- 1/2 tsp. salt
- 1/4 tsp. baking powder
- 3 (4-oz.) bittersweet chocolate baking bars, coarsely chopped and divided
- Parchment paper
1. Preheat oven to 400°. Bake oats in a 9-inch pie plate 10 to 12 minutes or until toasted and fragrant, stirring Read More »from A Healthy Valentine's Day Indulgence!