By Food & Wine
Grill this super-simple dessert right before you serve it: It takes just 30 minutes. More Great Grilled Desserts
Fire-Roasted Berry Crostini with Honey Crème FraîcheFire-Roasted Berry Crostini with Honey Crème Fraîche
1/2 cup crème fraîche
1 tablespoon honey
Three 1/2-inch-thick slices of country bread, halved crosswise
Softened unsalted butter, for brushing
1/4 cup sugar, plus more for sprinkling
4 cups mixed fresh berries
Pinch of kosher salt
1. Light a hardwood charcoal fire. In a bowl, whisk the crème fraîche with the honey.
2. Brush both sides of the bread slices with butter and generously sprinkle with sugar. Grill the bread over moderately high heat, turning once, until crisp and caramelized, 3 minutes. Transfer to a platter and let cool.
3. In a medium bowl, toss the berries with the 1/4 cup of sugar and the salt. Spread the berries on a perforated grill sheet or in a grill basket and grill over moderately high heat, tossing, until starting to burst, 4 minutes. Transfer to a bowl
By Food & WineRead More »from Fire-Roasted Berry Crostini
By Food & WineRead More »from Two-Tone Potato Salad
Pickled onions and cucumber relish add a tangy kick to Emilee Gettle's blue-and-gold potato salad. Because she and Jere Gettle don't eat eggs, they opt for vegan mayonnaise. Delicious Potato Salad Recipes
Two-Tone Potato SaladTwo-Tone Potato Salad
1 pound small blue potatoes, scrubbed
4 pounds medium Yukon Gold potatoes, scrubbed
2 cups mayonnaise, preferably vegan
Juice of 2 lemons
1/2 cup sweet pickle relish
One 3-ounce jar pickled cocktail onions, drained and thinly sliced
2 teaspoons kosher salt
2 teaspoons fresh dill
3/4 teaspoon freshly ground pepper
2 large celery ribs, cut into 1/4-inch dice
1/2 cup minced red onion
1/2 cup minced chives, plus more for garnish
Smoked paprika and lemon wedges, for serving
1. Put the blue potatoes in a medium saucepan and the Yukon Gold potatoes in a large saucepan and cover both with water. Bring to a boil and simmer the potatoes until just tender, about 15 minutes for the blues and 20 minutes for the Yukon Golds.
by Candice Kumai for SHAPE.comRead More »from 5 Slimming Summer Smoothies
Whip up one of these bikini-friendly blends when you're in need of a post-workout snack, belly-flattening breakfast, or grab-and-go lunch.
Clean green smoothie1. Clean Green: After a weekend (or a couple weeks) of indulging, break out the blender to clean up your cravings and reboot your digestive system. Watch out, because this baby gets you moving-fast.
1 frozen banana
2 cups kale
1 tablespoon spirulina
2 tablespoons chia seeds
1 1/2 cups unsweetened almond milk
1 cup ice
Combine all ingredients in a blender and blend until smooth.
Nutrition score per serving: 177 calories, 7g fat (0g saturated), 26g carbs, 8g protein, 7g fiber, 327mg calcium, 205mg sodium, 7g sugars
RELATED: 5 Satisfying Summer Salads
Avocado chocolate smoothie2. Chocolate Avocado Goddess: Avocado and chocolate make an incredibly indulgent combo. Here, their flavors blend with banana and other natural ingredients to create a uniquely delicious, creamy treat.
Pulled Pork SandwichFinger-lickin' flavor: That's what you expect from pulled pork--and what we pulled off with our recipe redo. The iconic sandwich, reinvented with spice-rubbed lean pork tenderloin and topped with a vinegary slaw, is still delectable--and has 88% less fat! Plus, salt-free chili powder keeps the sodium under control.Read More »from Classic Pulled Pork – with 88% Less Fat!
Prep Time: 15 min
Total Time: 30 min
Related: 7 Healthy BBQ Recipes to Try This Summer
- 1 tablespoon(s) water
- 1 1/2 teaspoon(s) salt-free chili powder
- 1 teaspoon(s) smoked paprika
- 1 teaspoon(s) dry mustard powder
-1 pound(s) pork tenderloin, cut into 2-inch-thick medallions
- 3 cup(s) shredded cabbage mix for coleslaw
- 2 tablespoon(s) apple cider vinegar
- 1 teaspoon(s) apple cider vinegar
- 2 tablespoon(s) snipped fresh chives
- 1 tablespoon(s) spicy brown mustard
- 2 teaspoon(s) spicy brown mustard
- 1/3 cup(s) barbecue sauce
- 4 soft whole wheat hamburger buns, lightly toasted
Related: 9 Easy-to-Make Side
- Everyday Food | Shine Food – Tue, Jul 23, 2013 10:09 AM EDT
Do you love combining sweet, savory, and spicy flavors on one plate? Today's recipe for grilled peach salsa contains all of those flavors, and we have a feeling you're going to enjoy it as much as we do! Serve over skirt steak -- since this cut of meat is naturally thin, it cooks very quickly, which means you'll be able to get dinner on the table in almost no time at all. If you'd prefer something lighter, it tastes great on top of simply grilled fish, or even on its own!
Grilled Peach Salsa
1 tablespoon vegetable oil, plus more for grilling
3 peaches, halved and pitted
3 garlic cloves, minced
2 Thai chiles (or 1 serrano), seeded and minced
2 plum tomatoes, coarsely chopped
2 tablespoons lime juice
1/2 cup finely shredded fresh basil
Related: 34 Reasons to Eat a Burger Every Day
1. Heat grill or grill pan to medium-high. Clean and lightly oil hot grill. Toss peachesRead More »from You Won’t Believe What We Want You to Put on Your Steak
Wondering what to grill this Saturday? Pretend you're in Jamaica. Its amazing smoky, spicy BBQ recipe will open up a world of flavors. By Anna Kovel, REDBOOK.
Jamaican Jerk ChickenPrep time: 10 minutes, plus 1 to 24 hours marinating time
Cooking time: 12 minutes
1 Scotch bonnet or habanero chile, minced (Rinse hands and cutting board after chopping-these are hot! For a milder flavor, use a serrano or jalapeño.)
1 bunch scallions, coarsely chopped
2 garlic cloves, minced
1 Tbsp fresh thyme leaves, finely chopped (or 1½ tsp dried thyme)
1 Tbsp ground allspice
2 tsp coarse salt
2 Tbsp each dark brown sugar, low-sodium soy sauce, fresh lime juice, and vegetable oil
2 lb boneless, skinless chicken thighs
Related: 25 Grill Ideas for the Way Women Really Want to Eat
1. In a large bowl, mix chile, scallions, garlic, thyme, allspice, and salt. Add brown sugar, soy sauce, lime juice, and oil and stir until sugar dissolves. Add chicken and toss until thoroughly coated. Cover and refrigerate at least 1 hour,
One of the best things about summer is the sudden influx of beautiful summer produce. Markets, grocery stores, and gardens are practically bursting with fresh vegetables, ready to be enjoyed in their natural state. Sure, you can grill, roast, or saute them, but really, this is the time to be enjoying vegetables in all their raw, crunchy glory. Here are 10 recipes that celebrate that approach.
iStockphoto/ ThinkstockFrankly, we'll find any excuse we can to indulge in a cup of joe - or four. So when the Internet blows up with the latest medical study touting the newest health benefits of coffee, we're all ears.Read More »from 5 Diseases Coffee Can Prevent
The latest news? Coffee is now widely reported to reduce joint pain, especially in the wrists, hands, back, and neck. Study participants were tested doing the traditional office work after a cup of coffee (while the control had no coffee), and then self-reported a much lower intensity of pain if they had had a cup. (So if you're crouched over at a desk, like me right now, drink up.) Now, those daily Starbucks runs are justified!
Related: Can Coffee Make You Live Longer?
But the truth is, coffee hasn't always been touted for its health benefits. The old wives' tale that it'll stunt your growth may have been debunked, but there are other drawbacks that make us question the java. Some negatives? Headaches, insomnia (a given for caffeine-aholics), heartburn, and palpitations, reports CNN. And
- Disney Spoonful | Shine Food – Mon, Jul 22, 2013 4:20 PM EDT
The wait is over! It's a boy! The royal baby has arrived, and it's time to celebrate. You and your heirs can share in the excitement with these edible cup-and-saucer treat holders. What a great idea for your next tea party!Read More »from Heir We Go! Raise a Treat-filled Toast to the Little Prince
Cup-style wafer ice cream cone
Round sugar or shortbread cookie
2 gummy rings candies
assorted candies, popcorn, or trail mix to fill the teacup
Related: 16 sweet brownies, blondies, and bars for any occasion
1. Use a serrated knife to carefully cut the cup portion of the ice cream cone from the handle (an adult's job). Discard the handle and set the cup aside for now.
2. Place a gummy ring candy on the center of the cookie, using decorator's icing to "glue" it in place.
3. Set the ice cream cone cup on top of the gummy ring. Again, use a thin line of decorator's icing to hold the cone in place, if needed.
4. For a teacup handle, slice the second gummy ring in half. Gently press the cut ends of one of the candy
Why do we think chicken cutlets are the perfect protein for the grill? We'll give you two reasons: They cook quickly, and they become incredibly juicy! For today's recipe, we're preparing a lemon-marinated chicken with a super-fresh, herb-filled salad. This bright and summery meal couldn't be healthier -- or easier to make! Get a good-for-you start to the week, and make this delicious dinner tonight!
Lemon Chicken with Herb Salad
2 tablespoons grated lemon zest and 1 tablespoon lemon juice
3 garlic cloves, mashed to a paste
4 tablespoons olive oil, divided
Salt and pepper
4 chicken cutlets
1 1/2 cups fresh parsley
1 1/2 cups basil leaves
Toasted pine nuts
1. Combine lemon zest, garlic, 2 tablespoons olive oil, and salt and pepper. Add chicken cutlets and toss to coat. Grill chicken. Toss together parsley and basil and dress withRead More »from This Lemon Chicken Needs to Be on Your Table!
- 10 Self-Help Books for the New GenerationMon, Feb 4, 2013 6:38 PM EST
- Do You Have the Most Vivid Memories from Your Life from Age 15 to 25?Tue, Feb 5, 2013 11:35 AM EST
- Is Your Gym Making You Sick?Tue, Feb 5, 2013 10:10 AM EST
- Better Together: 4 Reasons Why I'm Glad My Kids Share a RoomTue, Feb 5, 2013 2:51 PM EST
- Is Lisa Ling's Father a Pothead?Tue, Feb 5, 2013 3:29 PM EST
- Nerding Out in Nature: One Smart Phone. Two Kids. Tons of FunTue, Feb 5, 2013 3:07 PM EST
- PHOTOS: The Best Chevron Wedding DetailsTue, Feb 5, 2013 1:42 PM EST
- Roadblocks to Intimacy--and How to Get Around ThemMon, Feb 4, 2013 6:50 PM EST
- How to Conquer Your 10 Biggest Marriage FearsFri, Feb 22, 2013 3:23 PM EST
- So This Must Be What Santa Claus Drinks on VacationSat, Dec 14, 2013 6:10 PM EST
- We've Officially Fused December's Two Most Decadent TreatsSun, Dec 15, 2013 11:09 AM EST
- Gorgeous Graphic Cookies -- No Special Tools (or, Um, Skills) RequiredSun, Dec 15, 2013 11:12 AM EST