POPSUGAR FoodSource: 5 Ways to Use Up Leftover Watermelon
It's a common occurrence to get overly ambitious and buy more than guests can possibly eat, usually when it comes to epic holiday barbecues. If you find yourself in a similar boat, especially with that big watermelon that no one got around to after the chips and dip, here are five ways to use up the leftovers of this crisp, juicy fruit.
- Popsicles: Stay cool with these watermelon popsicles. They also have layers of blueberry juice and lemonade; however, feel free to just make them pretty pink watermelon-flavored.
- Watermelon Feta Skewers: These easy watermelon skewers are a classic crowd-pleaser that can be prepared in minutes.
- Mango, Cucumber, and Watermelon Salad: Using unexpected ingredients, this complex-flavored watermelon salad is salty, sweet, and spicy.
- Grilled Watermelon: Try this minty grilled watermelon recipe, an interesting and unique way to cook watermelon.
- Watermelon Jalapeño Margarita: Keep the party