- Quaker Oatmeal | Slim & Fit for Fall | Mon, Oct 15, 2012 11:08 AM EDT | CommentsAntioxidants have many health benefits that often get overlooked. Those that do understand the importance usually drink a juice or tea throughout the day, but what about breakfast? What are the benefits of adding antioxidants to the most important meal of the day? Let's take a closer look at why antioxidants are an important part of breakfast and a few easy ways to get more antioxidant-rich food into morning meals.
Blueberries pack more antioxidants than any other fresh fruit.
Benefits of Eating Antioxidants at Breakfast
There are a number of benefits to adding antioxidants to your breakfast. While many people understand that antioxidants help keep free radicals under control, they don't understand why this is important. Free radicals can cause a number of degenerative diseases including heart disease, cancer and Alzheimer's. However, there are more benefits than the reduction of free radicals. Antioxidants can also help with weight loss, improve sleep quality, offer relief from allergies, increase energy and much more. It's easy to see why you w...Read More »
- Fri, Oct 12, 2012 11:44 AM EDT | CommentsBy Rozalynn S. Frazier
From Health magazine
Who says you need a gym's worth of fancy equipment to get in shape? Not us! For less than 50 bucks you can score enough gear for a total-body workout at home without sacrificing precious space. The key: "Choose pieces that are not only effective, but also multifunctional," says George Vafiades, co-owner of As One gym in New York City.
More from Health.com:
20 Ways to Torch 200 Calories
Fastest Fat Burners Ever!
10 Best Workouts for Your Sex Life
The Best New Ways to Boost Your Metabolism
10 Fun Ways to Get Fit Without a Gym
- Cosmopolitan.com | Love Your Body | Thu, Oct 11, 2012 9:05 PM EDT | CommentsHere at Cosmo, we hate the D-word. After all, if you eat right and work out, you'll look and feel great-so there's no need for extremes. That said, sometimes you want to tone up. That's why we found the best diet tricks that don't involve depriving yourself. Now that's our idea of a diet.
These diet tricks will rock your world.
By Korin Miller
1. Eat More
Yup, you read that right. According to research from Penn State, eating bigger portions of food will help you feel fuller longer. The catch: You want to fill up healthier stuff, like fruits and veggies. So a massive salad is good; Massive steak...not so good.
2. Read Labels
A survey from the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention found that women who read food labels have a lower BMI than those who don't-and the difference ends up being about eight pounds.
3. Get Slice-Happy
An Arizona State University study found that people who cut up their food eat less than those who don't, but feel equally satisfied. So try slicing ...Read More »
- Tue, Oct 9, 2012 6:06 PM EDT | Comments
It happens without fail: I walk into the grocery store with the best kale intentions and end up leaving with my favorites from the Frito Lays family. Why can't I shop like the skinny women in Lululemon, who fill their carts with Greek yogurt and every veggie imaginable? Because nobody ever filled me in on these 10 secrets thin women keep in mind when they shop for food. Until now.
- Tue, Oct 9, 2012 3:02 PM EDT | CommentsLindsey Emery, SELF magazine
You know a good inhale-and-exhale session helps you Zen out. See how O2 can also earn you an oh-my-God butt, fabulous flat abs, sexy-yogi muscles and more.
More from SELF:
6 Moves for a Great Butt
5 Simple Steps to Cellulite-Free Skin
3 CrossFit Total-Body Workouts
6 Secrets to Firing Up Your Metabolism
A breakfast must be: