Following the Yves Saint Laurent retrospective in Paris last year, the legendary designer's singular '70s style was seen channeled all over the spring runways. Here are some key components to help you create your own inspired ensemble!
1. Don a Flappy Hat
Marc Jacobs showed that a wide-brim hat is not just for the beach. Try a flirty flopper with your wide-leg jeans this spring.
RELATED: Spring Trends from New York
2. Try a Ruffled Frock
Get inspired by the festive dresses Yves Saint Laurent showed for spring and channel your inner girly girl with a retro ruffle (or two).
Related: How to Wear Spring's 3 New Shapes
3. Add a Pair of Cork Heels
These Jimmy Choo green suede and gold cork platforms conjore visions of dancing night at Studio 54.
RELATED: Spring's Brightest Shoes
4. Layer on Gold Chains
The simplest way to channel the decade of decadence? Pile on as many gold chains as you desire.
RELATED: 21 Ways to Wear Spring's Hottest Colors
5. Carry a Long-Strap Bag
Following the Yves Saint Laurent retrospective in Paris last year, the legendary designer's singular '70s style was seen channeled all over the spring runways. Here are some key components to help you create your own inspired ensemble!Read More »from 5 Steps to Wearing the #1 Hottest Spring Trend
Want a friend on the inside? Add us on Facebook to always stay in touch.
Ophidiophobia is the abnormal fear of snakes... and I have it - no, I've never been officially diagnosed, but I know I have it! They're creepy, crawly and just completely freak me out. So, it's a little ironic that one of my favorite trends for Spring 2011 is python. But as long as we're just talking about the skin, I have no problem wearing it.
Burberry, Altuzarra, Thakoon and Pucci all showed us that the creepy creatures can actually be quite gorgeous... as long as they're in the form of bags, shoes and clothing. Click through for some of my favorite python picks to rock this spring.
More From StyleCaster:
As Spring is hastily approaching, days become longer, the air is getting warmer and I (more than ever) am prepared for this season to arrive. The trench coat is the perfect garment to throw on as you dash out the door on a beautiful March day or evening. It is lightweight, timeless, and versatile.
Kate Moss in a Burberry advertisement
Fashion icon Audrey Hepburn in Breakfast At Tiffany's, 1961
The forever stylish Jackie Kennedy Onassis
Marion Cotillard is all smiles in her trench
Banana Republic $298
Wear the trench tied up over a breezy dress and heels for a sexy yet stylish look. For an everydayRead More »from User Post: The Classic Trench Coat
- FabSugar | Spring Fashion – Wed, Mar 9, 2011 8:38 PM EST
Ready to change up your wardrobe? We'll be bringing you oodles of styling advice, shopping tips, wardrobe additions, and refreshers this month as part of our Spring Dressing Guide. First, take our refresher course in the top trends for Spring 2011. We saw sheerness, white, layering, and bold prints dominate the themes, as well as a few silhouettes like wide-leg trousers and calf-length skirts. Click through our slideshow to get in the Spring mindset.
Follow FabSugar on Twitter
Become a Fan of FabSugar on Facebook
Source: FabSugarRead More »from Spring 2011 Kickoff! A Refresher Course in Spring's Most Wearable Trends
Like most women, I've been collecting and hoarding black clothes since the Eighties. I'm not even that fussy about labels, so they run the gamut from Gap to Gucci. As a fashion editor I know the power of wearing black and always encouraged women to take advantage of its benefits. Black looks great 24/7. It's seasonless and enables you to mix fabrics, random pieces, expensive and inexpensive, casual and dressy, with the confidence of a stylist. The truth is, though, we're all a little bored with black by now.
But there's one easy trend that will make you happy: Nude. Nude is the new black, and it also looks great paired with the old black. Nude is the sexier word for beige in all its variations-camel, cream, fawn, taupe, and sand for starters. Nude is neutral, elegant, sexy, classy, and worn head to toe can be as slimming as black. Here are ten super-wearables, all in nudes that are on trend:
1. THE COWL NECK BLOUSE - Vince blouse ($220, www.neimanmarcus.com). This softlyRead More »from Nude is the New Black
- Slaves to Fashion, Glamour Magazine | Spring Fashion – Wed, Mar 9, 2011 7:01 PM EST
By Tracey Lomrantz, Glamour magazineRead More »from Spring Cleaning Time! 5 Quick Tips For An Easy Closet Overhaul
I finally tackled the spring switchover in my closet this week, dolls, and it was so utterly gratifying that I figured I'd share my top five tips with all of you for making it a breeze!
1. Start tossing! Organizing experts and wardrobe gurus say if you haven't worn it in a year, it should be as good as gone. I happened upon a denim romper that hadn't seen the light of day since Labor Day 2009, mostly because I'd forgotten about it, so I gave myself a "year plus two seasons" reprieve. But if an item is uncomfortable, unflattering, or a poor fit, no amount of time languishing in the closet is going to fix any of that. Cut your closet-space losses, sister.
2. Make a pile for the tailor. But if all a piece needs is a little facelift, a few dollars spent at the tailor can make a world of difference. Turn a so-so knee length skirt into a sexy mini, have a few inches let out of your slimmest-fitting dress to make it billowy and spring-appropriate, or add
- Rue de Chic | Spring Fashion – Wed, Mar 9, 2011 1:55 AM EST
It's that time of year again. Winter is slowly packing up its stylish but heavy bags and making way for the lightness of spring. To celebrate this transition, we're kicking off a whole week dedicated to spring's hottest trends. From the runways to your favorite celebrities, you'll see what's in store for Spring Fashion 2011 and how you can incorporate these trends into your wardrobe. Today, we're starting off with the adorable polka-dot tights trend. Since most of the country is still experiencing cooler weather, this is a perfect way to bring some spring fun into your wardrobe now, while still being weather appropriate.Amanda Peet in polka dot tights
Amanda Peet rocks a chic white dress and polka dot tights at the Independent Spirit AwardsAnn Hathaway in Polka Dot Tights
Anne Hathaway complements her sleeveless ruffled white top and pencil skirt with some polka dot tightsEmma Watson Polka Dot Tights
Emma Watson adds a girly touch to her studded rocker chic trench with some black polka dot tights
Another bit of good news is that this fun, whimsical andRead More »from Spring trend alert: Polka dot tights are popping up everywhere
- LilSugar | Spring Fashion – Tue, Mar 8, 2011 7:50 PM EST
Pregnant celebs are just like the rest of us - looking for a fashionable, yet comfortable way to cover their growing bellies. Yes, they have the luxury of stylists and designers on hand to help, but they still must find a way to get dressed each morning. From traditional empire waists to more modern leggings, here's a look at the most popular maternity styles as worn by some of our favorite celebrity mamas-to-be.
Follow LilSugar on Twitter
Become a Fan of LilSugar on Facebook
Source: LilSugarRead More »from How to Dress the Pregnant Body: A Celebrity Guide to Maternity Style
By Susan Cernek, Glamour magazineRead More »from Why You Should Own a White Turtleneck
If you're reading this post, congratulations are in order as it means you're an official Slave To Fashion: only a fashion die-hard would be able to get past the seemingly unappetizing idea of white turtlenecks being the hot new thing. (Don't worry: we're not going to endorse Mom jeans next or anything.)
The fall trend started way back on the very first day of New York fashion week, when Tracey pointed out the white turtleneck-under-gauzy-gown layering technique at BCBG, which offered a new and comfy (not to mention warm) way to wear summery dresses all year 'round.
Then a few white turtlenecks started popping up here and there on the Paris runways (including Costume National's winter-worthy LBD look and Martin Grant's white-on-white outfit). Finally, the look upgrated to full-on Fall 2011 trend status at yesterday's Celine show, where designer Phoebe Philo sent nearly every model down the runway wearing a fitted white turtleneck under coats, blazers
- 10 Self-Help Books for the New GenerationMon, Feb 4, 2013 6:38 PM EST
- Do You Have the Most Vivid Memories from Your Life from Age 15 to 25?Tue, Feb 5, 2013 11:35 AM EST
- Is Your Gym Making You Sick?Tue, Feb 5, 2013 10:10 AM EST
- Better Together: 4 Reasons Why I'm Glad My Kids Share a RoomTue, Feb 5, 2013 2:51 PM EST
- Is Lisa Ling's Father a Pothead?Tue, Feb 5, 2013 3:29 PM EST
- Nerding Out in Nature: One Smart Phone. Two Kids. Tons of FunTue, Feb 5, 2013 3:07 PM EST
- PHOTOS: The Best Chevron Wedding DetailsTue, Feb 5, 2013 1:42 PM EST
- Roadblocks to Intimacy--and How to Get Around ThemMon, Feb 4, 2013 6:50 PM EST
- How to Conquer Your 10 Biggest Marriage FearsFri, Feb 22, 2013 3:23 PM EST
- So This Must Be What Santa Claus Drinks on VacationSat, Dec 14, 2013 6:10 PM EST
- We've Officially Fused December's Two Most Decadent TreatsSun, Dec 15, 2013 11:09 AM EST
- Gorgeous Graphic Cookies -- No Special Tools (or, Um, Skills) RequiredSun, Dec 15, 2013 11:12 AM EST