Don't let swimsuit season get you down, I've got the skinny on the superfoods for trimming your waistline and making you look and feel better from the inside out. I've spent the last 28 years in search of the most potent and healing foods and herbs to use in my nutrition clinic, traveling from the dense jungles of the Amazon Rainforest in Brazil to the Himalayan Mountain region of Inner Mongolia and everywhere in between.
While, I've come across some amazing herbs and powerful foods in my travels around the globe, the good news is that several of my most tried and true superfoods for slimming down are available in your local grocery store! Here are my top five accessible and delicious superfoods that will help burn off those extra pounds and give you that radiant summertime glow that will make heads turn.
1. Spice it up with Capsicum & Ginger - Put the spice in your summer refreshment. Capsicum is one of my favorite superfoods because it is chock full of nutrients and medicinal
Don't let swimsuit season get you down, I've got the skinny on the superfoods for trimming your waistline and making you look and feel better from the inside out. I've spent the last 28 years in search of the most potent and healing foods and herbs to use in my nutrition clinic, traveling from the dense jungles of the Amazon Rainforest in Brazil to the Himalayan Mountain region of Inner Mongolia and everywhere in between.Read More »from Superfoods for Swimsuit Season
What to do about body odor and sweating? Get solutions from YOU: The Owner's Manual for Teens: A Guide to a Healthy Body and Happy Life, by Michael F. Roizen, M.D. and Mehmet C. Oz, M.D.
If you smell funkier than a Black Eyed Peas track, there's probably a good explanation. But the actual composition of your sweat is based on your genes and the food you eat. For instance, garlic will pass quickly into your skin and share itself with others. Also, our major sweat glands, or eccrine glands, release a sterile solution that attracts smelly bacteria in some people. These secretions are stored in coiled circular glands that cover our entire skin surface. Washing frequently helps, but sometimes a quick course of topical antibiotics, from your doctor, followed by a probiotic is the best anti-odor solution.
I sweat so much that I soak my shirt, and it's really embarrassing. What can I do?Read More »from Sweaty, Stinky, and Fed Up? Dr. Oz Has Help
Hyperhidrosis, or excess sweating, is a common plight among teens and adults. It can happen in
- OneGreenPlanet.Org | Summer Time Fun – Wed, May 18, 2011 5:14 PM EDT
Summer is just around the corner, and what's more summer prep appropriate than camping? Whether you rough it, tent it, camper or RV it, you tend to not have all the comforts and accoutrement of home when you're sleeping under the stars. Because of that it is very easy to fall into a rut of convenience store food, cooler snacks and campfire munchies. This can lead to sleepless nights as well as fatigue. A bad combo if you will be hiking, boating or engaging in any physical activities that require you to be alert and on your toes. Below are some tips to green up, health up and make the most of your next venture into the wild!:
- Eat your veggies: Fruit is fairly easy to come by, but getting your greens is near impossible. Try making a big batch of green juice before you leave and keeping it on ice during your trip. Juice spinach, kale, cucumber, celery, parsley, apple, lemon & ginger for a yummy yet healthy libation. If you will
by Sarah Welch and Alicia Rockmore
A yard sale is a great way to get rid of things you don't need anymore, and make sure your old possessions fall into the hands of those who can reuse and better appreciate them. They take a lot of planning and work though, so here are 20 tips to help make the process a bit easier.
AdvertiseRead More »from 20 tips for yard sale success
Advertising is the key to any event being a success. If you put your yard sale's date, time, and location out there, you're going to bring in a much larger amount of people. Try listing the info online, in your local paper, and on posters throughout the area. A great website to create your own eye-catching sign: SassySigns.com
- 10 Self-Help Books for the New GenerationMon, Feb 4, 2013 6:38 PM EST
- Do You Have the Most Vivid Memories from Your Life from Age 15 to 25?Tue, Feb 5, 2013 11:35 AM EST
- Is Your Gym Making You Sick?Tue, Feb 5, 2013 10:10 AM EST
- Better Together: 4 Reasons Why I'm Glad My Kids Share a RoomTue, Feb 5, 2013 2:51 PM EST
- Is Lisa Ling's Father a Pothead?Tue, Feb 5, 2013 3:29 PM EST
- Nerding Out in Nature: One Smart Phone. Two Kids. Tons of FunTue, Feb 5, 2013 3:07 PM EST
- PHOTOS: The Best Chevron Wedding DetailsTue, Feb 5, 2013 1:42 PM EST
- Roadblocks to Intimacy--and How to Get Around ThemMon, Feb 4, 2013 6:50 PM EST
- How to Conquer Your 10 Biggest Marriage FearsFri, Feb 22, 2013 3:23 PM EST