Valentine's Day is about love, and what could be more personal than that? So, Valentine's Day is the perfect occasion to give a personalized or monogrammed gift to someone you love. You would be surprised how easy it is to personalize a gift-and how special it can make someone feel. Show your love with unique Valentine's Day gifts made just for your special Valentine. You'll want to give these great gifts-and get them-on Valentine's Day or any special occasion.
By: PageDaily Editorial Staff, PageDaily.com
Monogramming Fun Fact
- PageDaily | Valentines Day – Fri, Jan 28, 2011 9:01 PM EST
Read More »from Top 9 Personalized or Monogrammed Gifts for Valentineâ€™s Day
By Marianne Mancusi Beach, GalTime.com
You're on the go--working so hard you barely have time to breathe--let alone plan a perfect Valentine's Day. Five course home-cooked dinner? Yeah, right! After you get out of work and hit the grocery store--you won't end up eating course number one 'til after midnight. Or maybe you're on the road--and won't even get a chance to see your sweetie on the big day.
So what's a girl with lots of love but little time to do --when it comes to Valentine's Day? Well, never fear--we've got some ideas from an expert and some from you!
First up party planners Dawn Sandomeno and Elizabeth Mascali of PartyBluPrints.com and authors of Plan to Party have some great tips for a fun-filled, but non-time consuming V-Day.
1. A tasting menu is much more simple than a full blown five course meal. Try a fruit and cheese plate, warm bread, and soup. It's quick and easy to prepare and sensual toRead More »from Valentine's Day For Busy People
By Mary Schwager, GalTime Consumer Watchdog
It's the holiday that sparks fear deep into the soul of every guy: Valentines Day.
"There are all these commercials that make you feel like if you don't go all out, come up with two dozen roses or sparkly jewelry then you're some dolt!" That was the exact quote this author heard from a good-looking guy recently when talking about February 14th.
Ladies, perhaps you want to share this article with the man of your dreams, or even if you're just hanging with "he may not be Mr. Right, but he's Mr. Right Now", in case he decides to venture into the Valentine's Day shopping zone. Oh sure, you may tell him, "don't worry about a gift, it's just a holiday created by florists, jewelers and candy makers to keep sales alive until Mother's Day!" But many wise men know that when your co-worker gets two dozen roses from her boyfriend and nothing shows up for you it equals one thing: dog house. So don't let him get overcharged or rippedRead More »from Don't Get Ripped Off This Valentine's Day!
Read More »from The NEWLY Single's Guide to Valentine's Day
By Samantha Scholfield, BounceBack.com Dating Expert
For the freshly single, Valentine's Day can sting. A lot. It can seem like every card, advertisement, and plans made by happy, coupled-up friends are designed specifically to Tase our emotionally ravaged feelings and hearts. So, instead of waiting for the inevitable zap, treat this year as an opportunity to recreate V-Day into something you'll not only enjoy, but will look forward to repeating next year.
1) Get out of town. Grab your girlfriends and bail. Plan a yoga or spa weekend. Head to Mexico or Vegas for some girls-only partying, pool-side lounging and Margarita-sipping. Go camping and let nature do its healing thing. Or just plan a whole (non-Valentine's centric) weekend at home with much merry-making, movie-watching and re-organizing of closets, living rooms and kitchens. Removing ourselves from our daily lives (and changing our surroundings) can do wonders for boosting our mood and our spirits, especially on and leading up
- GALTime.com | Valentines Day – Wed, Jan 26, 2011 11:28 PM EST
By Marianne Mancusi Beach, GalTime.com
I'll never forget my first Valentine's Day with my dear husband. Instead of braving the lines and the "special menus" (with the "special prices") of the New York City restaurant scene, we decided to stay in, cooking a special little Mexican meal ourselves, together in his kitchen. He bought me roses and a little stuffed bear and we ate by candlelight and sipped champagne. It totally trumped any V-Day I'd ever had before--even the five star ones--and made me start to wonder if perhaps he could be the one.
Valentine's Day is supposed to be about romance and sharing your love. But these days, some men feel as if they have to treat it as a competitive event. If they don't live up to their girlfriends' or wives' expectations (or, let's be honest, the expectations of her co-workers or mother) they'll score a big zero.
And that's a lot of pressure to put on one day of the year!Read More »from Take the Pressure Off Your Guy This Valentine's Day
Your honey bought you a Valentine's bouquet (sweet!). Make those cut flowers last longer with these simple steps from Kate Law of proflowers.com:Read More »from How to Keep Flowers Fresh
Fill a vase with lukewarm water and add the included flower food. Cut off stems on an angle with a sharp knife to create more surface area for the water absorption. Place the vase out of direct sunlight in a cool, non-drafty spot. (Related: Make a Valentine's Day Vase)
Refresh the water and trim stems 1/2 inch every other day. In place of flower food, fill the vase with half water, half lemon-lime soda-the sugar will feed the blooms while the acidity will keep flower-life-shortening bacteria at bay. (Related: Unique Flower Arrangements)
More Great Advice from Good Housekeeping:
Beautiful Bedrooms You Can Relax In
Find Figure-Flattering Fashion No Matter What Your Size
Simple Styling Secrets for Great Hair
Lower Your Credit Card Bills
For More Tips & Tricks You Can Count On: Subscribe to Good Housekeeping & Save!
Reprinted with permission
- Esquire.com | Valentines Day – Fri, Feb 12, 2010 8:45 PM EST
What should a man really say when his woman asks about that dress - or worse, whether she looks fat in it? Below are easy answers to four of the toughest questions, with explanations why they work well. Also, head to Esquire.com for even more solutions.
The Question: Do you like what I'm wearing?
The Right Answer: "You look beautiful."
Why: A little bit of ambiguity goes a long way. Leave specific criticisms to her friends. She doesn't love you for your informed opinions on culottes.
The Question: Do I look fat in this?
The Right Answer: "Of course not."
Why: Absolutely no other answer should be used here. Don't go off the script. Not even if she's wearing a fat suit.
The Question: Do you love me?
The Right Answer: "I love you."
Why: They want to hear you say it. Now is not the time to be funny. Avoid "yepper" orRead More »from Guy's View: The Words Women Want to Hear on Valentines Day
Every present is a statement of how your guy sees you and the relationship, says George Weinberg, PhD, psychotherapist and author of Why Men Won't Commit. Here, Weinberg weighs in on 8 of the good, the bad, and the downright uggg-ly types of gifts guys give.
(Haven't picked out his gift yet? Whether you've been together for three weeks or three years, our gift guide has got you covered.)
1. The 'Gee...Thanks' Gift
Think ticket to Lord of the Dance (you've never expressed interest in it), a gym membership (what is he saying?), or sushi lessons (Hello! You're allergic to fish). "Obviously, he needs to pay more attention to your interests, but he gets some points for creativity. Although he's way off the mark, he's picturing what might make you happy."
2. Deluxe Dinner
He's made reservations far in advance to ensure that you're wined and dined like a princess. "He worked hard and clearly wants this night to be another wonderful memory the two of you shareRead More »from Find Out What His V-Day Gift Really Means
- SheFinds | Valentines Day – Fri, Feb 12, 2010 4:27 PM EST
Far from your Valentine this weekend? Forget flowers: virtual gift cards ultimately last longer, and you can send them with just a few clicks.
Gift certificates from KateSpade.com start at just $5, and open up a world of adorable embellished flats, cute keychains, classy handbags and more.Read More »from Valentineâ€™s Day Gifts To Send From Afar (And Fast)
- 10 Self-Help Books for the New GenerationMon, Feb 4, 2013 6:38 PM EST
- Do You Have the Most Vivid Memories from Your Life from Age 15 to 25?Tue, Feb 5, 2013 11:35 AM EST
- Is Your Gym Making You Sick?Tue, Feb 5, 2013 10:10 AM EST
- Better Together: 4 Reasons Why I'm Glad My Kids Share a RoomTue, Feb 5, 2013 2:51 PM EST
- Is Lisa Ling's Father a Pothead?Tue, Feb 5, 2013 3:29 PM EST
- Nerding Out in Nature: One Smart Phone. Two Kids. Tons of FunTue, Feb 5, 2013 3:07 PM EST
- PHOTOS: The Best Chevron Wedding DetailsTue, Feb 5, 2013 1:42 PM EST
- Roadblocks to Intimacy--and How to Get Around ThemMon, Feb 4, 2013 6:50 PM EST
- How to Conquer Your 10 Biggest Marriage FearsFri, Feb 22, 2013 3:23 PM EST
- So This Must Be What Santa Claus Drinks on VacationSat, Dec 14, 2013 6:10 PM EST
- We've Officially Fused December's Two Most Decadent TreatsSun, Dec 15, 2013 11:09 AM EST
- Gorgeous Graphic Cookies -- No Special Tools (or, Um, Skills) RequiredSun, Dec 15, 2013 11:12 AM EST