Find the perfect digital camera, for less, in AprilApril sees discounts on some big-ticket purchases - think old electronics moving out to make way for new models and spring-cleaning deals. It's Earth Month too, so look for all sorts of freebies and markdowns on green cleaners, recycled paper products, energy-efficient lighting, and more!
1. Digital Cameras: Retailers discount last year's models in the spring to make way for new ones. Here are tips for choosing a sharp shooter:
- Stop counting megapixels (MP). For most uses, 10MP is probably plenty - they can produce great prints up to 11" by 14".
- Splurge on a good zoom instead. A lens with a high optical zoom is worth the investment: 5x is good; 10x is excellent. (Ignore digital zoom, though. It can yield pixelated photos.)
- Look for image stabilization. Again, optical (rather than digital) image stabilization is the way to go, to help prevent blurry action shots.
- Consider the features. Look for things like