FabSugarSource: 8 Easy Ways to Instantly Organize Your Closet!
With Fall steadily approaching and cooler months on the horizon, it's the perfect time to re-organize your closet and clear out everything you didn't wear last season. If the idea of cleaning out your closet seems daunting, don't worry; we've enlisted the help of organizational pro Beth Zeigler, founder of Bneato.com. With these quick and painless tips, you'll transform your wardrobe into tip-top shape in no time. For more information, check out our closet organizing video!
- Step 1: Time to Purge: If your space is limited, store your Summer-only items on the top shelf in your closet. That way, they aren't taking up prime real estate on your clothing rods and in your dresser drawers. This is also the time to get rid of any Fall pieces that you no longer wear, don't fit anymore, or are out of season.
- Step 2: Hanger Help: To maximize the space in your closet, switch out your current hangers to space-saving, felt hangers like these from Huggable Hangers (10 for $7); it's important that all of your hangers are uniform!
- Step 3: Stylized Sections: Once you've made the switch, it's time to organize your clothing by type and color. You can even take this a step further and categorize them by style within each color section, for example, tank tops, short sleeves, and long sleeves!
More from FabSugar: 5 Design Tips Inspired by Celebrity Closets
- Step 4: Favor a Fold: There's no need to waste hanging space on bulkier items like sweaters, sweat shirts, and jeans. Create your own partitions using shelf risers to maximize the vertical space, and ensure that your folded items don't get messy or topple over.
- Step 5: Corral Your Coats: If space permits, it's best to keep your heavy Fall coats in a separate closet, like a utility closet in your entryway. This will keep them out of the way, and make them easily accessible when you're leaving the house!
- Step 6: Accessorize Your Accessories: Keep your accessories tidy by using 3M hooks ($8) to display belts, bags, scarves, and necklaces. The great thing about these is that they can hold up to five pounds, come in a variety of styles and colors, and they're easy to remove if you decide to rearrange or move.
- Step 7: Show Off Your Shoes: Put your shoes in clear drawers, and keep them organized by labeling them, or taping a picture of the shoes to the front of the box. Keep your favorite shoes the most visible and toward the front so they're easily accessible.
How to Organize Your Shoes in Style!
Organize All of Your Jewelry in Style
Ready Your Fall Wardrobe in 7 Easy Steps
Follow FabSugar on Twitter
Become a Fan of FabSugar on Facebook