- Martha Stewart | Decorating Guide | Mon, Dec 2, 2013 2:03 PM EST | Comments
Crisscross strips across the top of a vase, creating a grid to help stabilize flower stems in an arrangement.
Use sticky side to pull out tiny cactus spines stuck in skin.
Dislodge mud from boot treads.
Stake houseplants for extra support.
Tease apart roots when repotting.
Tamp soil into tight spaces.
Flatten wrinkles in your bedding, including skirts and sheets -- right on the bed.
Smooth creases in curtains as they hang.
Unfurl corners of area rugs so they'll lie flat.
Outline letters and designs on a cake before piping the icing.
Clear the holes in a strainer or garlic press.
Unclog the burners of a gas stove.
Use colored frilled toothpicks to identify grilled burgers (rare, medium, or well-done) and highlight v...Read More »
- Martha Stewart Living | Decorating Guide | Sun, Nov 24, 2013 10:29 AM EST | CommentsWith the addition of a few niceties, your spare bedroom will be as inviting to visitors as a fine hotel room. Set out essentials such as towels and an alarm clock, then provide little luxuries as well: bottles of water, foil-wrapped chocolates, and a few cut blooms in a vase.
Towels with a Special Touch
Keep sets of guest towels together, bound with twill tape or ribbon. When visitors arrive, just transfer a stack from linen closet to guest bedroom.
Chilled Bottle Service
Give your overnight guests the five-star treatment by setting chilled spring water on their nightstand. Choose a vessel, such as a vase or a large julep cup, that is deep enough to accommodate a small bottle and ice. Place a saucer underneath to collect the condensation and protect the surface of the table.
In a strange room, comfort and space are more soothing than a clutter of unfamiliar things. On a bedside table, place a singl...Read More »
- Mon, Dec 2, 2013 2:31 PM EST | Comments
- Babble.com | Decorating Guide | Thu, Nov 21, 2013 2:23 PM EST | CommentsWhether you believe in the power of a lucky number or simply gravitate toward all things numerical, numbers possess important meaning for many of us. And now it's easier than ever to celebrate a love of numbers through home decor! Modern home design has numbers popping up everywhere - from pillows to wall art to furniture and beyond, numbers add an instant modern statement to any home decor!
-By Lori GarciaRead More »
- Martha Stewart Living | Decorating Guide | Thu, Nov 21, 2013 10:28 AM EST | Comments
Watch Kevin Sharkey, Executive Editorial Director at Martha Stewart Living Omnimedia, share his expert tips on selecting carpet.
More from Martha Stewart Living:
19 Tips for Perfect Laundry Every Time
Instant Organization: Get It Together in 15 Minutes or Less
20 Super-Efficient, Super-Effective Ways to Clean All the Things
Don't Shelve These Clever Bookshelf Decorating Ideas