Happy New Year to all! Some have dubbed today Blue Monday, the most depressing day of the year, but we feel otherwise! Here's why.
1. It's the first Monday of 2014! Though every day is a new beginning, today is a great day to get going on resolutions you've already broken or have been stalling on or didn't make in the first place. It's much better to start at the beginning of the week rather than a Wednesday, right?
2. This week is huge for football, beginning with the national championship Rose Bowl tonight in Pasadena. The edge seems to be with FSU, though Auburn could pull an upset. We just ask for fans to go easy on each other, as there's been more unnecessary roughness off than field than on lately (yes, we're talking about the Alabama mom).
3. It's winter premiere week on television, and that means new episodes of all your favorite shows, except for (sigh) "Scandal." You'll have to wait until February on that one.
4. Leonardo DiCaprio will be on Ellen Tuesday! "The Wolf of Wall Street" has never been hotter, and when matched up with the "Kitty Cat of California" aka Ellen, goodness will explode.
5. Wednesday is Bubble Bath Day. Actually, every day is, but this Wednesday, the world soaks in unison.
6. The People's Choice Awards air Wednesday night! With seven trophies and counting, Ellen really loves the people.
7. If you've managed to stay caught up on movies, this week brings the release of "The Legend of Hercules" and "Lone Survivor." Otherwise, keep working on those others, so you can finally win the Oscar pool this year.
8. Friday is Peculiar People Day. We like to celebrate originality, so we're excited to be ourselves today.
9. The NFL Playoffs continue over the weekend, including a very important game on Saturday between the Saints and Seahawks. Seattle fans might make a lot of noise, but N'awlins got soul. If you sing, they dance. Who dat!
10. Ending the week in style, bright lights and lots of champagne, the 2014 Golden Globe Awards air on Sunday. Get your drinking games ready for Tina Fey and Amy Poehler!