Whether you consider New Year's Eve a last night to eat treats before resolutions kick in, or simply a time to revel in everything you love, there are a number of ways to create a fancy feast that's delicious, nutritious and delightfully ambitious all at the same time.
Champagne's on you, but here are 12 fab recipe ideas for the perfect NYE party cuisine:
1. Garlic and herb pita chips. Don't settle for store-bought. Go hard or go out!
2. Herbed olives. Because plain olives are for your grandmother.
3. Mississippi spiced pecans. Gotta represent the South!
4. Garlicky kale and spinach dip. If there's a way to work in kale, we'll find it.
5. Pineapple and cucumber guacamole. Lightens up the mood, brightens up the room, and good for life in general.
6. Roasted eggplant and walnut dip. Time to make use of those pita chips you slaved over.
7. Red lentil pate. Adds a sophisticated spin on the occasion and makes you look international.
8. Pan-fried falafel patties. Same thing.
9. Moroccan Chickpea and Roasted Vegetable Phyllo Rolls with Balsamic Maple Sauce. Obviously, the most complicated dish of the bunch, but you'll impress everyone if you can pull it off.
10. Coconut almond bark. If you thought peppermint bark was good… you don't even know.
11. Soy Nog snickerdoodles. Finish off your leftover holiday treat by turning it into cookies!
12. Macaroon truffles. Just look at them… need we say more?
Happy New Year's Eve! Cheers!