At about 10¢ per serving, holiday cookies do not get cheaper than this. And not only do they look festive and beautiful, they taste incredible!
• 2 2/3 cups confectioners' sugar
• 5 cups unsweetened dried coconut
• 5 large egg whites
• 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
• 1/4 teaspoon salt
• Green food coloring
• Red M&M's Minis, red candy décors or Red Hots candies
1. Place oven rack in middle of oven and preheat to 375ºF. Line 2 large baking sheets with parchment.
2. Combine confectioners' sugar, coconut, egg whites, vanilla and salt in a medium bowl and mix with a rubber spatula. Add green food coloring and stir in completely until the dough is desired color. Dough will be sticky.
3. Drop heaping tablespoonfuls of dough onto baking sheets. Moisten your fingers with water. Using your index finger, make a 1/2-inch hole in center of each cookie. Carefully flatten dough with your fingers into a 3-inch wreath shape. Remoisten fingertips with water as needed. (Cookies don't spread as they cook, so leave about 1 inch between them on the baking sheet.) Repeat with remaining dough. Press a few M&M's Minis or other decorations into each cookie.
4. Bake cookies until firm and light brown around edges, 8 to 10 minutes. (Cookies will firm as they cool; they are very soft coming out of oven.) Let cool on baking sheets on wire racks. Repeat with remaining dough and candies.
See More from AllYou.com:
Easy Christmas Dinner Menu »
Guide to Build a Gingerbread House »
15 Healthy Holiday Eating Tips »