You don't need swanky bottles and cumbersome equipment to remove the tiny pimples and blemishes from your face. All you need is a reliable cleanser and a washcloth! Sounds simplistic but with the proper application, a washcloth is really all you need for a good exfoliation treatment. Save money without trading it in for beautiful skin by scrubbing the face with a cloth. No abrasive pads or scrubs are required to get a nice, healthy glow!
Here's the 411 on how to get lovely skin with a cloth. This method may be used daily or weekly, according to your skin's sensitivity.
- Pull back the hair from your face. I find a headband or towel works quickly and easily.
- Prep the skin by dampening it slightly with warm water. If your face has makeup on it, wash it away before exfoliating. You don't want to grind dirty makeup into your pores.
- Wet the cloth under warm, running water. Wring the excess water from the cloth by squeezing it.
- Squirt a dime sized amount of the cleanser on to the cloth. Twist the cloth a few times to work in the soap throughout the material.
- Fold the cloth in half and then fold it again to make a handy square that fits in the palm of the hand.
- Place the cloth at the top of the forehead on either the right or left temple. Work the cloth into the skin, moving the cloth in a short, controlled circular motion. Rub the skin for 10 to 20 seconds, then move the cloth to another area of the forehead, rubbing each section for at least 10 seconds.
- Fold the cloth back to reveal new, unused side. Begin the same process on the left or right side of the face, at the cheekbone. Work carefully around the nose or any area that tends to get oily fastest.
- Fold the cloth over and use another side to scrub the opposite side of the face and the chin. Place the cloth in the hamper when finished.
- Rinse the entire face with cool water, splashing it over the skin to wash away the soapy residue.
- Pat the skin dry with a soft, plush towel. Do not rub it after an exfoliation treatment.
- Soothe the skin with a facial moisturizer then allow it to rest for several hours before applying makeup.
I love this method of exfoliation. I can do it anywhere, anytime and get wonderful skin-just like after a visit to a pricey spa!
More from this Contributor: