- Lucky Magazine | Fall Fashion | Tue, Sep 25, 2012 1:14 PM EDT | CommentsJean Godfrey June, Lucky magazine
Q: How can I wear fall's chunky knits without looking chunky? -Rebecca
A: Dear Rebecca,
Read more: The Lucky Fall Shoe Guide
"It's chunky!" said fashion director Anne Keane. "Don't try to wear it in a 'slim' way." All the fashion girls lived for the Chloé show (left), chockablock with knits that are not just chunky but boxy. "You know, I could give some advice about a belt, blah blah," Anne said. "But, like at Chloé, it's all about proportion and how it hangs-it's exaggerated. It's meant to be boxy."
Read more: 8 Outfits Men Love on Women
Anne likes breezy or tailored with chunky. "You want contrast in terms of a silhouette, like a slim pant or a pencil skirt or a silky, flowy skirt." The only contrast Anne was not having was a short skirt. "Oh, I don't think so," she said, looking at me as if I should definitely know better.
...Read More »
- Dailycandy | Fall Fashion | Tue, Sep 25, 2012 1:25 PM EDT | Comments
If the shoe fits, buy it. Here, some of our favorite shoes of the season.
Fiona Glitter Ballet Flats
Fiona Glitter Flat
Available at loft.com, $55.
BCBG Dashi Loafer
Available at bcbg.com, $89.
Dr. Martens Roma Heeled Loafer
Roma Heeled Loafer
Available at dmuastore.com, $130.
Fall 2012 Trends
Donald J Pliner Calla Crepe Elastic Shootie
Calla Elastic Shootie
Available at donaldjpliner.com, $198.
Old Navy Lace-Up Wedge Boot
Lace-Up Wedge Boot
Available at oldnavy.gap.com, $32.50.
Beauty Trend 2012: Eye Makeup Inspiration
L.L.Bean Signature Whipstitch Camp Moc
Signature Whipstitch Moc
Available at llbean.com, $99.
Restricted Betsy Oxford
Restricted Betsy Oxford
Available at yellowplum.com, $42.
For 70 more shoes to fall in love with this season, visit our shoe roundup at dailycandy.com.
More on DailyCandy.com:
The 72 Hottest Nail Shades for Fall
Best Makeup On the Market
85 Purses to Splurge For
Beauty Products Our Derm Swears By
...Read More »
- Lucky Magazine | Fall Fashion | Tue, Sep 11, 2012 4:28 PM EDT | CommentsNatalie Matthews, Lucky magazine
Twice a year, Pantone invites a hush-hush group of creative types to one European city or another to predict the following season's biggest color trends. At the most recent Hunger-Games-of-color, those nominated as Tribute included an ashy blush pink, the moody purple every girl seems to be wearing in her gel mani lately and blue in the same shade of about eight countries' Olympic leotards....Read More »
We love them all, and wove a lot of them into our fall shopping roster without even realizing it. (Guess Pantone was right about those colors #trending.) Below, we're paying even more homage with outfits inspired specifically by our favorite of those fall colors. Worn this way, the odds of nailing a trend and a gorgeous fall outfit will indeed be ever in your favor.
More from Lucky magazine:
5 Drastic Ways to Change Up Your Look
15 Secrets from Top Dermatologists
Best Dresses For Your Body
The 40 Best Drugstore Beauty Products
- Wed, Sep 12, 2012 2:32 PM EDT | CommentsOn Wednesday, Katie Holmes took the final step in her emancipation from Tom Cruise. She debuted her Spring 2013 line Holmes & Yang at New York Fashion Week. Though the label was launched in 2009, and select items have been available for purchase, the presentation marked the first time Holmes and her partner, Jeanne Yang, showcased their collection at the industry's biannual event. To put it bluntly: it was a big deal for Katie. It's a new industry, a new group of critics and a new career where Katie finally gets to call the shots. So did she make the right calls? Here's a peak at her new collection.
- Galtime.com | Fall Fashion | Tue, Sep 11, 2012 11:14 AM EDT | Comments
By Jessica Conway, GalTime.com
A leather jacket is a simple, stylish staple that's here to stay! From rich, bold hues to flattering cuts and lines, Michelle Williamson, Editor for New York Girl Style, fills us in on 6 stunning trends this season.
Everyone can pull off a leather jacket!
Eye-Catching Cobalt: Bold blue was all over the fall runways this year, sashaying down the catwalks of Balenciaga, Dries Van Noten, Haider Ackermann and more. If you've always stuck to black motorcycle jackets, now is the time to take cobalt for a spin. This suede version from Mango ($169.99) has the classic details of the motorcycle jacket, but the fun hue makes it fresh and playful.
Ladylike Lines: If the tough edge of the typical motorcycle jacket isn't your look, try a sportier style on for size. The Airla Biker Jacket ($1,195) from J Brand has a sleek, sophisticated fit, but its curved zipper and twill sleeves gives it a refined punch. Styles like this can take you anywhere, from a shopping adventure to a night on the town!