FabSugarSource: Bring Your Fall A-Game - 5 Ways to Rock the Varsity Jacket Right Now
If you've been keeping up with Fashion Week street style, then you already know: the varsity jacket is shaping up to be the season's topper of choice. That's right: fashion insiders and trendsetters are swapping blazers and leather jackets for a sportier twist on layering up - and you should too. The effect is a little nostalgic - cool in that awesome, old-school way (the same vibe we get from our favorite Converse) - and if you fear that it won't quite work with your wardrobe, we're here to set you straight. The letterman jacket is totally versatile, and we've got the five looks to prove it. Click on to see just how many ways there are to wear this season's newest staple. Shop our editor-curated looks here!
- Channeling the polished - albeit utterly cool - take on the jacket from some of our favorite Fashion Week street stylists, we turned to a slick, oxblood leather pencil to give the sporty piece a sleek counter. Add in a printed t-shirt to mesh with the jacket's casual vibe, then complete with a pair of serious stilettos and accessories with edgier interest. The resulting style is perfect for drinks or a date.
- We played off the old-school feel and added the oxford button-down to give a modern, printed skirt and a pair of on-trend Chelsea boots a classic contrast. Finish with an understated crossbody bag for a look that could take you from office-casual to weekend errands.
More from FabSugar: 3 Ways to Wear Fall's Totally Chic (and Comfy) Loose Trousers
- For a Fall-feeling style you can slip into every day, look to your favorite skinnies in a rich seasonal hue and a cozy plaid button-down. Dress it up with pumps for your 9-to-5, and slip into flats - like a great pair of loafers - to wander the farmers market on your weekend.
- We're taking a page straight out of street-style sweetheart Miroslava Duma's book and outfitting the sporty topper with a girlie twist. The "opposites attract" theory plays out perfectly here with the contrast between a fit-and-flare dress, high-wattage accessories, and the letterman jacket. Just toss it effortlessly over your shoulders, and you're on your way to a dressed-up night out and beyond.
- To capitalize on the sporty-cool factor of your jacket, look no further than your other wardrobe staples, namely a pair of Converse and a basic white tee. The only additions we'd make would be a pair of ultrasleek leather bottoms and a standout crossbody bag in a fiery red hue to give your classics an on-trend update.
Fall Investment: One Gorgeous Phillip Lim Moto Jacket, 3 Ways to Wear It
How to Wear Fall's Gorgeous Fit-and-Flare Silhouette
How to Pull Off Denim on Denim Like a Street-Style Pro
Follow FabSugar on Twitter
Become a Fan of FabSugar on Facebook