By the Fashion Team, REDBOOK
Not only are breezy, mid-length skirts ladylike and chic, their shape is super forgiving and works on every body type (giving you a reason to shelve that uncomfortable shapewear!).
Related: 5 Dresses Every Woman Should Own
3 Reasons to Love This Look:
1. It's an elegant, ladylike look that also manages to feel downtown cool (bonus bonus).
2. You can break up with your thong and that shapewear that squeezes you like an anaconda: The A-line shape of these is super-forgiving.
3. They make you feel great. Thanks to soft fabrics that move when you move, these give off more romance (and, frankly, more sex appeal) than a show-it-all mini.
On model: Skirt, H&M, $34.95; hm.com for store locations. Tank, J.Crew, $49.50; jcrew.com. Jacket, Muubaa, $499; Boca, Los Angeles, 310-459-7259. Necklace, Anna Beck, $125; annabeckdesigns.com. Cuff, Anna Pellissari, $37; annapellissari.com. Socks, K. Bell, $3.50; kbellsocks.com. Ankle boots, Cole Haan, $328; colehaan.com.
More from REDBOOK:
- Could You Go a Week Without Yelling?
- Have the Hottest Sex of Your Life…with Your Husband
- 6 Shocking Reasons Why Men Stray
- 101 Date Night Ideas
- Get More on Love, Family & Fashion - Subscribe to REDBOOK & Save Up to 84%!
Connect with REDBOOK:
- Become our Fan on Facebook
- Sign Up for REDBOOK's Free Weekly Newsletter
- Follow Us on Twitter
- Enter to Win FREE Daily Prizes
Reprinted with permission of Hearst Communications, Inc.