Source: 10 Great Summer Drugstore Beauty Finds
Summer is likely to find people chilling out on the beach, bobbing their heads at a music festival, or sitting back and relaxing with friends at a barbecue. But are you likely to be hanging out at the drugstore? Well, now you have 10 reasons. From must-have classics to new innovations, see why you'll want to be heading to the beauty aisle this season.
- Blast Off: CoverGirl's new Intense Shadow Blast ($9) eye shadow comes with a built-in primer, so you don't have to worry about your eye makeup slipping southward throughout the day. The pigment is intense, too, and has the perfect amount of shimmer.
- A Solid, Gold Nail Polish: Milani 's one coat glitter nail lacquer in Gold Glitz ($4) is a cool mix of golden glitters that range from white gold to reddish copper. And despite being gold and glittery, this polish somehow remains chic.
- Shimmer Without the Glitter: Speaking of glitter, while it definitely has its place in this world, sometimes it can look a little tacky. Not Hawaiian Tropic 's Shimmer Effect after-sun moisturizer in coconut papaya ($9), though. It's a subtle beachy scent, leaving behind the most flattering hint of a golden sheen.
- Your Go-To Summer Liners: You line the pool with blue, so why not your eyes, too? Because it brightens and looks great in the sunlight, you'll keep going back to Rimmel 's soft kohl kajal eye pencil ($3) in royal blue all season long. Also try the Purple Passion shade for a less-heavy take on a smoky eye.
- Sexy, Summery Waves: You won't believe that this handsome-looking Remington Glam ceramic flat iron, which just happens to work amazingly well, costs just $15. Use it to get a sleek, straight style or to create sexy beach waves.
More from BellaSugar: Stars Reveal Their Favorite Drugstore Beauty Products
- Kiss of Color: Sometimes all you need when it's hot outside is a little cream blush, like Maybelline 's Dream Mousse ($8). Most colors will impart a natural-looking, healthy glow to the skin, but for a no-fail option, try the Peach Satin shade.
- Pick a Color, Any Color: NYX has more than 144 shades of its round lipsticks, and at $4 a pop, what's not to love? There's a color here for everyone, but Haute Melon, a bright coral, and Haute Couture, a rich raspberry, are standouts.
- A Razor For Down There: Three weeks into using Schick Quattro's TrimStyle razor and bikini trimmer ($9), and we have yet to be nicked. Use one end to shave as you normally would, and the other end to do a little landscaping.
- The Fiercest Fuchsia: Bright nail polish and warm weather go hand in hand, and Revlon 's nail enamel in Fuchsia Fever ($5) will look hot on your hands. This classic hot-pink shade manages to to be pretty and cheery, not literally '80s.
- A Mini Manicure: Speaking of nail polish, create a nice base for your lacquer to lie with Sally Hansen 's instant cuticle remover ($5). Just swipe it on, give it a few seconds to set in, and use a pusher tool to gently groom your cuticles. You'll love how the gel-based formula will help cut your manicure time in half.
Can You Tell the $38 Face From the $209 One?
Get Kristen Stewart's All Drugstore Makeup Look
10 Weird But Wonderful Hair and Nail Secrets
Follow BellaSugar on Twitter
Become a Fan of Bella Sugar on Facebook