New York Fashion Week is over, but the bad fashion lives on forever. While designers were mostly on-point this season with their spring 2011 ready-to-wear collections, bad design definitely reared its ugly head.
1. Do you want "ties" with that?
In this outfit (above) from wackadoodle designer Jeremy Scott, he skips the metaphor and goes totally literal, dressing his model in a garbage bag.
The Frisky: 30 Things Every Woman Should Quit Doing By 30
2. Worst in show
Designer Zang Toi dresses models for the Cowtown Rodeo. Because the only thing better than a little fringe, is a lot of fringe.
3. High-waist pants and socks with sandals are BACK - not.
Rodarte's model is the most stylish girl at the Nerd Retirement Village .
The Frisky: Actor James Franco Will Tell You He's Gay
4. JK, only socks with sandals are back- see above and below
Anna Sui attempts to turn Holly Hobby into an international style icon. We say "no thanks."
5. Thought last year's harem pants were unflattering? At least they had a waist….
Marc Jacobs' super drop-waist jumpsuit gives a girl a lot of room to grow.
6. What will be in stores next spring: invisible clothes
What's happening with this black sheer frock from Betsey Johnson? "What isn't happening?" might be the better question. [Nice necklace…"klassy"]
The Frisky: 12 Celebs Who Denied Getting Boob Jobs - Despite These Pics
7. Don't forget your thumb brace next season
This sassy number from Alexander Herchcovitch is for the woman who's dying to look like an airbrushed cream puff-and we know there are a lot of you out there.
8. Wax on. Wax off.
We get what designer Michael Angel was going for here. We often stumble out of bed and leave the house only to realize we've forgotten to put on bottoms. That's where wax paper really comes in handy.
9. Socks with sandals are officially in style for Spring 2010. As are invisible clothes.
Hey, we enjoy channeling grunge-era '90s as much as the next girl, but really, this combo of flowers, sheer flounce, and socks with sandals from Charlotte Ronson is too much.
10. No comment [this fashion editor sheds a tear]
This poor model from the ThreeAsFour show is stuck in unflattering concentric circles of sadness.