By Meredith Rollins, REDBOOK.
Aimee Cheshire of Madison Plus SelectProject Runway angel Tim Gunn recently vented to HuffPo about the depressing lack of chic clothes for plus-size women. It's a complaint we've heard over and over again. At REDBOOK, our fashion editors make a point to hunt down great pieces for all body types, because we believe that stylish options should fit all of our amazing readers (and not break the bank, either, thank you very much). Of course we rely on brands like Old Navy, Talbots, and Lane Bryant, which have been cutting cute pieces for curvy ladies for a long time. But there are some fabulous new resources that you should know about-and celebrate. They don't fix the problem entirely, but at least it's a significant, heartening start.
Related: 100 Fall Shoes to Slip on Right Now
1. Madisonplus.com: The owner of these sites, Aimee Cheshire, is dedicated to discovering the best in plus-size fashion. Or, as she puts it, "attainable luxe designed for full-figured, fashion-forward women." We scored these exclusive tips from Cheshire for dressing your curves in the September issue of REDBOOK.
2. Modcloth.com: This veteran e-tailer recently launched a new, all-plus section that has a huge inventory of fun, girly dresses and separates. Some of the best news we've heard all year!
3. eShakti.com: Not only does everything on this site come in plus sizes, but you can have any piece made-to-measure for an extra 10 bucks. Precise tailoring for that little money? Amazing.
4. ShopRuche.com: This site has a whole section dedicated to cute, affordable and on-trend plus size clothes. We particularly love its sweet flowy dresses and bright printed tops.
Related: 39 Looks That Make Us Excited for Fall
5. Monif C.(monifc.com): This designer specializes in dresses, and you'll find daring colors and silhouettes (like curve-hugging sheath dresses in hot pink) that just aren't available at most plus retailers.
6. ASOS Curve (us.asos.com): This wide-ranging retailer makes many of its items in larger sizes, and also created an exclusive plus-size collection; look here for up-to-the-minute trends and sexy, night-on-the-town outfits.
7. Evans (evansusa.com): This British-based site ships easily to the States, and we couldn't be happier. It caters to plus sizes only and has a vast array of really gorgeous, chic clothes, as well as a line of shoes, all of which are available in wide sizes.
8. Monsoon (us.monsoon.co.uk): If you love a bohemian look, you'll adore Monsoon, which offers beautifully-printed and lushly-detailed pieces that run up to a size 18. It's based in the U.K., but ships here for free.
Related: The 31 Most Iconic Haircuts of All Time
9. Igigi (igigi.com): This designer provides great understated options for work as well glamorous ones for parties and formal events. The prints are particularly fantastic, and the draping is all super-flattering.
10. Kiyonna (kiyonna.com): From subtle, pretty basics to foxy date-night tops, this site nails it all. Even better? It's a one-stop-shop, with clothing, accessories, and shapewear available for sizes 10 and up.
11. Duoboots.com: This specialty online shop makes made-to-measure boots in 21 different calf widths. They're a little pricey, but definitely worth it if you're a hard-to-fit size.
More from REDBOOK: