After we spotted a bald model opening Lakme Fashion Week in Mumbai, India, we started thinking about how many a famous lady has shaved her head through the years, yet it's still somewhat shocking to see a woman rocking the look. Here are 12 celebs who pulled it off, Britney Sprears possibly excluded.
1. Britney Spears shocked her fans and the press when she shaved her own head for the onlooking paparazzi.
2. Kanye West and girlfriend Amber Rose re-created the famous Grace Jones Island Life album cover.
3. At the time, the press claimed Cameron Diaz had gone bald for the forgettable film "My Sister's Keeper," but it was revealed that she was wearing a cap instead. Weak!
More from The Frisky: 10 Stars who got "ugly" for Hollywood roles
4. One of our favorite supermodels of the '90s, Eve Salvail was bald and had ink on her head. Wonder what she's up to these days?
5. Who could forget the media blitz when Demi Moore shaved her head for "G.I. Jane". Geesh, and she still looks great! Proof, the "eyes" have it!
6. We actually think singer Cassie looks amazing-she managed to make herself look edgy in just the right way.
More from The Frisky: Only Erykah Badu Could Get Away With This 'Do
71. Supermodel Alek Wek staked her career on being bald, and succeeded.
8. Natalie Portman reigns supreme as perhaps the prettiest, most delicate famous baldy in history.
More from The Frisky: Jennifer Love Hewitt Achieves Post-Breakup Hair Perfection
9. Beyonce's sister, Solange, is clearly the ballsy one in the Knowles family,
10. When singer Sinead O'Connor came on the scene in the late 80's, the bald female thang was still very arresting. Looks like she'll never change her signature 'do.
More from The Frisky: Uh, Is Naomi Campbell Balding?
11. Sigourney Weaver looked so badass when she was bald in "Alien." We wish she would've busted the same move for her recent role on "Avatar."
12. A bald, nose-ringed model opened for designer Krishna Mehta's show in Mumbai last week, that inspired up to maybe go short and sheared this summer...well, maybe...
Posted by Erin Flaherty
More To Love From The Frisky :
"Pricey Designer Heels Or Stripper Shoes?" Play NOW
The 10 Gadgets Every Woman Needs
- The 12 Hottest Male Fashion Designers