By Tracey Lomrantz, Glamour magazine
It's not the sexiest of topics, dolls, but it's one that definitely has a place here on Slaves To Fashion as warm weather approaches: How the heck do you get sweat stains out of your white clothes? We've got three great solutions.
I was recently thumbing through the stack of books that frequently make their way across my desk when I came across an absolutely genius tip in Shoe String Chich: 101 Ways to Live the Fashionably Luxe Life for Less. If you've been struggling with sweat stains (we won't tell!), here are a few smart suggestions made by author Kerrie Hess:
1. Soak in water and white wine vinegar: Use 1/4 cup of white wine vinegar and about four cups of cold water; soak for 20 minutes before washing.
2. Use baking soda: It whitens your teeth, so why not your fabrics? Create a paste by taking 1/4 cup of baking soda and slowly adding warm water until it's thin enough to spread. Rub it into the sweat stains (a nailbrush or old toothbrush will help it penetrate the fibers) and let it dry before washing.
3. Dry in natural sunlight. The direct rays may help zap the yellow out of natural fabrics like cotton and silk. Avoid the dryer--the heat may just help seal the stains in.
What do you think, gals? Will you try out these tips? How do you prevent unsightly sweat stains? Share!
More from Glamour:
- 10 Things He's Thinking When You're Naked
- 19 Cute Celebrity Haircuts to Consider
- 8 Sex Moves Every Woman Should Try Once
- 12 Secret Signs He's Into You
- 21 Gorgeous Wedding Dresses (From $100 to $1,000!)
Photo Credit: Condé Nast Digital Studio