By Beth Shapouri, Glamour magazine
Dating is nerve-racking enough--you don't to add to the drama by making a beauty misstep right before you head out the door. Here are three things I suggest you all avoid pre-date...
1) Waxing your mustache or eyebrows. Not that you shouldn't do this at all--just not right before you leave. You don't want to end up with some post-removal redness on your big night, so try to get this in a day or two beforehand.
2) Shaving with an old razor. It's hard to feel cute when you've got painful, stinging razor burn on your legs. So switch to a new razor if yours has gone through more than a few uses.
3) Trying out a new perfume. I love fragrance and I'm all for switching it up. But scent is really personal and you might just not feel quite yourself if you don't smell like you. Plus, since body chemistry can push different notes in different fragrances, you might end up not loving it later in the night. And smelling odd is no fun. Therefore I say stick with one you know the evening of a first date.
What do you make sure not to do right before a first date?
More from Glamour:
- How to Find Your Body's Best Jeans
- 19 Cute Celebrity Haircuts to Consider
- 8 Sex Moves Every Woman Should Try Once
- Why He Hasn't Proposed (Yet)
- 10 Things He's Thinking When You're Naked
Photo Credit: Condé Nast Digital Studio