Courtesy Photo The weather may be iffy, but here's a sure thing-a spring coat that offers coverage with a touch of class. Here are three things to keep in mind when you're finding the perfect one.
1. THE IMPACT
These sophisticated toppers with their dressmaker details (think fly fronts, princess seams, Peter Pan collars, ornamental pockets) instantly say polished and pulled together.
2. THE FIT
The body-skimming, knee-length silhouette flatters most figures. Choose an A-line or a swing shape for more ease.
3. THE OPTIONS
Go dressy? Yes. But you can also try a casual version in an unembellished fabric over slim pants. Pair with ballet flats for a '60s gamine vibe.
• More Tips for Spring Coat Shopping
• Wear Your Coat Like a Celebrity
• Check Out Derek Lam's New Kohl's Collection
• Editor's Must-Haves Under $100
• How to Accessorize Spring's Top Trends