By Pia Bhattacharya, SELF magazine
When I was a youngster I begged my parents for a bunny and got a Chia pet instead. Watering the little critter and watching it sprout was fun, but I always thought my first pet would do more. Turns out, it does! As seen on page 54 of SELF's November issue, Chia seeds are chock full of skin-helpers.
Related: 30 healthy snacks
1. Chia seeds have anti-inflammatory omega-3 fatty acids which are great for improving the condition of acne and rosacea.
2. They have amino acids to boost skin repair for a more youthful complexion.
3. You can eat them to help your skin retain its moisture because they absorb 9 to 12 times their weight in water!
Related: 10 Ways to Lose Weight Like a Guy
You don't have to raise another Chia pet to get your fix - Dr. Perricone Super O-mega Moisture cream, $40, with chia seed oil does the trick!
More From SELF:
- Check out these superfoods for flatter abs
- Find out your cancer fate, here
- Hungry? Try one of these 30 healthy snacks
- Lose weight faster: 6 days to get slim
- Want Bridget Moynahan's sexy legs? We've got her workout
Photo Credit: chia.com