'tis the season for tweed, leather and faux fur. Fall is here so we reached out to fashion editor and stylist Constance Golderfor some fall fashion tips.
- Anything leather - Leather is turning up everywhere this season. If dresses and shirts are out of your budget, try items with smaller amounts of leather in unexpected places, like sleeves or panels on jeans or pants. Check out MASON BY MICHELLE MASONleather inset top.
Faux Fur - Small touches of fur are tres chic this season and will bring any outfit up to Prada Zip-Top Wristletspeed. A small faux fur clutch (Prada) or touch on a shoe or cuff will give a more modern look to a basic outfit from seasons past.
- Tweed - Modernize a classic like tweed by wearing catching colors and styles. This timeless fabric looks great in short or sleeveless jackets and sweaters. These are sophisticated and lend a nice balance to fall's trendier pieces.
- Loafers- Loafers and oxfords have moved forward into sleek and "unclunky" designs. They balance out the wider leg pants that we are seeing in stores while remaining feminine and street smart. Look at Prada's wing tip platform Oxford and Alexander Wang's patent leather loafers.
For related stories on genConnect:
- Go From Soccer Mom to Sassy Chick
- Ramona Singer Presents Affordable Jewelry Line on HSN (VIDEO)
- NY Fashion Week 2011: Day 1 Highlights (SLIDESHOW)
Want more genConnect?