Source: 4 No-Fail Tips For Looking Your Best on Campus
Between 8 a.m. classes, all-night study sessions, and (ahem) other late-night activities, it can be challenging to stay stylish and put-together while heading to campus. We're making it easier for you with some simple, no-nonsense advice for navigating your university in style. Read on for four tips on looking your best while hitting the books.
- Get back to basics. Every college girl needs a few style staples in her wardrobe: classic t-shirts in white, black, and gray, a great pair of dark-wash jeans, and a perfectly fitting blazer. Whether you have a presentation, interview, or just need to add some polish to your look, a black blazer like this shrunken one from Topshop ($80) will save the day.
- Just say no to sweats. Yes, it's incredibly tempting to roll out of bed and head to class as-is (especially when you've hit the snooze button a few too many times) but wearing sweatpants doesn't say "I just want to be comfortable" as much as "I forgot I was supposed to be in public today". Instead, try a pair of stretchy skinnies like Blank NYC's Two Tone Skinny Jeans ($88) - they look just like jeans but have the body-hugging fabrication of your favorite leggings.
- [break]Two more valuable tips you don't want to miss[/break]
- Save the stilettos for party time. Hoofing it around campus in a pair of sky-high heels isn't a good look for two reasons: one, you just look completely out of place - you're at school, not in Vegas - and two, you never know where or how far you'll have to walk during the day. You don't want to be the girl flagging down campus security to take you to your next class in a golf cart. Stay cute and comfortable in a pair of J.Crew Classic Ballet Flats ($135), and if you're hell-bent on wearing heels, stick to something low and walkable like BC Footwear's collegiate-cool tassel booties ($80).
- When in doubt, add accessories. Nothing spices up a solid tee faster than a printed scarf or colorful statement necklace. With a few fun adornments, you can turn even the most basic of outfits into a look worthy of getting campus street style snapped. We especially love The Oxford Trunk's Moroccan Princess Necklace ($27) and Mango's Floral Print Foulard ($50).
Ready Your Fall Wardrobe in 7 Easy Steps
Tech Support: The Coolest Back-to-School Accessories
One Sweet Sweater, 3 Lovable Ways to Wear It
Follow FabSugar on Twitter
Become a Fan of FabSugar on Facebook