Source: 5 Guaranteed Pool-Proof Eyeliners
Ever since Phoebe Cates emerged from that pool in Fast Times at Ridgemont High, the pursuit of pool-resistant makeup has been a hallmark of summertime beauty. And while it's hard to look as hot as Phoebe without a team of makeup artists and hairstylists to make dragging yourself out of the water look somehow aesthetically pleasing, you can rest assured that, with modern technology, at least your eyeliner will still look amazing. The following five products kick butt in and out of the pool, whether you love liquid liner, bright colors, or even tubes.
- Get a Perm: Want to put on your liner in the morning, and then just forget about it for a week? Topshop Semi Permanent Liner in Perpetual ($16) is what you want. It literally stays on for days without moving. It has a whisper-thin brush, so application is easier than most liquid liners, and you can even smudge it for the first 20 seconds or so that it's on.
- Brighten Up: Bright eyeliner can be a gorgeous attention-grabber, especially at a pool party. The easiest, most convenient product around is the Urban Decay 24/7 Glide-On Eye Pencil ($18). There are a ton of colors, the lasting power is great, and they're soft enough to be as movable as you like, so even barely there lines and big, sexy smudged looks are easy.
- Gelin' Like a Felon: If you want a versatile basic that's easy to manipulate and lasts forever, check out Clinique Brush-On Cream Liner ($15). It has a huge following for a reason: the formula is smooth and buildable, the pigment payoff is good, and it stays put extremely well.
- Penned Down: Felt tip eyeliner pens can be such a double-edged sword, but Tokidoki Perfetto Eyeliner ($10) is cute and cheap enough to be worth your while. Since it's a marker, there's no smudging here at all, and you won't get undereye run off. It also comes in several cool, quirky colors, so you don't have to go with basica black, and the pen liners are great for eyeliner beginners. The only caveat here is that felt tip liners dry out very quickly, and rewetting them doesn't always work. So if you're not an every day liner user, you may want to consider the Urban Decay pencils instead.
- Totally Tubular: Are you a tube mascara convert? Then allow us to introduce you to Blinc Liquid Eyeliner ($24). It's made of the same awesome rubberized stuff the Blinc and Imju Fiberwig mascaras are, but in convenient liquid liner form. This stuff doesn't budge, fade, or smudge at all until you rub it while it's wet. So just remember to pat your face dry gently when you get out of the pool (it's better for your skin anyway).
5 Ways to Make Wearing Winged Eyeliner Easier
10 Brilliant Beach-Proof Hair and Make Up Ideas
5 Waterproof Mascaras For the Beach and Beyond
Follow BellaSugar on Twitter
Become a Fan of Bella Sugar on Facebook