By Pia Bhattacharya, SELF magazine
Cold weather means more than chilly winds and snowflakes. With it comes dreaded, dry winter skin. While you slather your face with moisturizer and wear tons of layers, there are two very important body parts you may be forgetting: your hands! Here are a few tools to keep them soft, smooth and protected all winter long!
Related: Click here to build your own PERFECT workout!
No matter how young the skin on your face looks, dry, weathered hands can give away your age. That's all the more reason to defend them against the elements just like you do the skin on your face and neck.
1. L'Occitane Shea Butter Hand Cream : Shea butter is super moisturizing and great for replenishing moisture lost when you're coming and going from the cold. It absorbs quickly so you won't have to reapply every time you remove your gloves.
2. Clean Anti-bacterial Moisturizing Hand Cream: We all love using our anti-bac sprays to fight off germs during flu season. But sometimes these can be so drying. This hand cream has moisturizing elements like Vitamin E and jojoba oil to keep your skin supple while battling bacteria.
Related: See how you can dine like a star!
3. Lancome Absolue Hand: If you need a little anti-aging kick in your hand cream, this one is great for more mature skin. It helps soften skin while working to firm, tone, get rid of age spots and prevent further damage with SPF.
4. Sephora Collection Spa Gloves: Even your hands need a little "R & R" every now and then. When you have a few minutes to spare, revive them with some spa time. These spa gloves are coated with a gel that's infused with vitamin E oil, jojoba oil and olive oil (to name a few!), all great for hydrating and reviving dry, damaged skin. Your hands will feel like new.
5. Fresh Vanilla Soap: Soft skin starts in the sink. Washing your hands with a moisture-rich soap is an important step to keeping your hands soft. So many soaps can be drying, but this bar has shea butter and vegetable oil to hydrate your hands.
Say hello to happy hands this winter!
More from SELF:
- Heidi Klum's Happy, Healthy Life
- 10 Ways to Lose Weight Like a Guy
- How to Destress with Yoga: How To Do A Sun Salutation
- The Workweek Diet
- Makeover your upper body now!
Photo Credit: Condé Nast Digital Studio