By Natalie Matthews, Glamour magazine
Ahh, if only every fashion week had a bit more of Aspen's whimsy and sense of humor (and not to mention coziness!)
Without further ado, the reasons why we love Aspen Fashion Week:
1. Finally, models wear helmets!
Despite an occupational hazard of constant tumbles, models walk helmet-less down the runway. Alas, Aspen has it right! Now if only designer Elie Saab had worked "ski chic" into his couture show and outfitted this model with the same protective gear. (Also, does this mean hat head is in?)
2. The most dramatic looks are super-playful, not super-serious
You know how some looks just don't translate from runway to real-life (like these looks from New York fashion week)? This is definitely one of them, but hey, at least it's ridiculously fun, loud, and totally aware of it. Wait, you don't have skis that match your outfit and the backdrop of everywhere you stand?
3. Dogs and boyfriends allowed!
Isaac Mizrahi had colored poodles walk his runway in New York last month, but they didn't look nearly as cuddle-able as this dog (or the boy, for that matter!) Also...
4. The models are healthy, not hangers.
Like this girl, who looks amazing in those black pants and turtleneck- but not like she'll blow away with a gust of mountain wind.
5. Last but not least: models smile!
The taboo is broken, and the result is...well, don't you just wanna smile back at her?
All around adorable looks, no? It almost makes me wish winter wasn't ending (well, almost). Anything you're particularly loving? (I'm a big fan of that cobalt blue puffer jacket.)
More from Glamour:
- 10 Things He's Thinking When You're Naked
- 19 Cute Celebrity Haircuts to Consider
- 8 Sex Moves Every Woman Should Try Once
- 12 Secret Signs He's Into You
- 21 Gorgeous Wedding Dresses (From $100 to $1,000!)
Photo Credit: Getty Images