By Saba Salehi & Laura Schuffman, GalTime Stylists
Topshop Faux Leather Sleeve Army Jacket, $130Seems like just yesterday we were rocking bathing suits, sarongs, and oversized sunnies, but now it's time to think about sweaters and cold-weather coats!
Don't fret fashionistas! Your outerwear doesn't need to be bulky, budget-zapping, and blah. Avoid the winter blues by topping off your outfit with one of these 5 styles…all under $150!
1. Military: Military inspired jackets are back and bigger than ever! We absolutely love the cool and effortless look this type of jacket conveys. The foresty-olive green is also perfectly paired with the black clothes that take over our closets when it gets chilly. We've totally fallen for the leather sleeves on this number from Topshop (right), which add the perfect touch of toughness and texture. Pair your military jacket with simple skinnies for a casual look, or use it to dress down your evening dress or skirt. There are tons of styles to choose from at every price point, so get hunting!
2. Leopard: Don't be afraid to push the boundaries this season and step out in an eye-catching statement coat. We think leopard is totally fierce! Because of its timeless, classic look, it can be worn at any age. Plus, it matches pretty much everything, which makes putting together your outfit a whole lot easier!
3. Jaquard: Jaquard is popping up left and right this season. The richness of the fabric screams luxe from a mile away! As this jacket from Zara proves, black doesn't have to be boring since the intricate fabric adds depth to the look.This is a great trend to wear to the office with a pencil skirt or to dinner with a pair of leather pants. And bonus…because it is not too heavy, you can easily transition this look into spring with shorts or a mini.
4. Faux Fur: When the temperature drops, what could a girl want more than a faux fur jacket to keep her warm and stylish? You can go faux in all sorts of shapes, colors, and styles. This particular vest by Aqua is not only versatile, the color-blocking element adds the perfect dose of style. Throw it over your favorite long sleeve knits, or even over a tank top, without having to worry about overheating. Find a color that works well with the rest of your wardrobe and you can layer this piece of perfection all season long. We promise you will get a lot of mileage out of it!
RELATED 5 Sweater Styles To Cozy Up To
5. Peplum: Peplum is the quintessential ladylike look of the season. It is impeccably chic and tailored and will transform your entire outfit head-to-toe. The shape is playful, yet sharp - the perfect combination! The key is to try on a few different brands and styles to find the right fit. This blazer by JARLO may not be the warmest of our picks, but is definitely one of the most stylish. We love the unexpected lace in the back, which really makes it pop!
(H&M Jacket, $99; Zara Jacquard Coat With Gathered Waist, $129; Aqua Vest- Color Block Faux Fur, $102.40; JARLO Daniela Lace Peplum Blazer, $114)
- How To Wear Oxblood: This Season's Must-Have Color
- Beauty Breakthrough: CoverGirl Clump Crusher
- The Cable Knit Sweater - 3 Different Ways!
- Birchbox Reveals 5 Fall Musts Exclusively To GalTime