Some of us more daring than others when it comes to getting our hair cut. And although there are instances where you feel your look might need more overhaul than just a color change, you want to make sure you approach a short cut appropriately. Here are five things to keep in mind if you want to go short.
Before the salon
- Consider life events such as weddings and other special days. Will you want short hair or the length you have now for those occasions? Depending on the length, it could take six months to a year to grow out short hair."
- Take face shape, hair texture, maintenance and overall look into account. Going short is a major change that will definitely make you look different. Sure, Victoria Beckham's posh bob looks amazing on her, if you have the whole super-skinny face and angled chin going on.
- Check out our hairstyle makeover salon to see how you'd really look with short hair, before you chop it off!
At the salon
- Don't count on your stylist to mock up his or her own vision in their head-bring pictures of what you visualize your ideal style to be. The consultation is key; listening to your stylist and his/her recommendations, and feeling comfortable with saying yes or no.
- Consult with your stylist to see which products are best for your cut and ideas on how to style it differently. Should you use a flat iron, a blow dryer, or just let it air dry? What formulas will weigh it down? If you're not crazy about your cut, you can try different hair accessories to take away from it such as wearing a cute bow, clip, headband, and ask your stylist for ways to grow it out.