Whether it's the finishing touch on your Halloween costume or the desire to vamp up your makeup look, red lips are one of the hottest trends right now. But with any bold makeup statement, you want to make sure the execution is clean and flawless. Follow these tips for a pretty pucker:
1. Smooth, soft lips are the best canvas for a matte red lipstick. Gently rub lips with a warm, wet washcloth before you apply any color.
2. Next, prep your lips with a nongreasy balm before you apply a red lipstick. It'll temporarily plump up your mouth and fill in any cracks.
3. For the most even application, let your lips go a bit slack when you slick on your lipstick. Puckering too much makes it hard to get a perfect finish.
4. Use a neutral lip liner to prevent your lipstick from bleeding and add definition to the shape of your mouth. Another trick is dotting the area around your lips with concealer.
5. If you have thin lips, dark shades can make them look smaller. Go for something a little brighter and creamier, or add a pop of gloss to the middle of both your top and bottom lips to make them appear fuller.
Lastly, have fun! On Halloween, anything goes so use the day to try any new, interesting beauty trends like a unique shade of nail polish or bright eyeliner.
Get a New Makeup Look!
- Halloween DIY Hairstyles and Makeup How-tos
- Indulge Without Packing On the Pounds
A Must-Have for any Lady GaGa This Halloween
Reprinted with permission of Hearst Communications, Inc.