OK, this is crazy. The latest trend in cosmetic surgery: For $2,000 to $5,000, you can have cute Jennifer Garner-esque dimples sewn into your face. While I had all sorts of crazy orthodontic contraptions as a kid, I can't imagine surgically shifting my smile. It's such a key part of a person's identity -- displaying emotion, engaging a stranger from across the bar, etc.
Related: 20 Superfoods for Weight Loss
That said, I am all for making the most of what you've got. On that note, here are a few ways to enhance your already gorgeous smile:
1. Plump your lips. For a sexier smile, sans the stinging, try L'Oreal Paris Infallible Never Fail Plumping Gloss ($10). It gently volumizes your lips, adding a long-lasting layer of shine.
2. Erase even the tiniest hint of a double chin. Age-old modeling trick: Press your tongue to the roof of your mouth as you smile for a photo. Magically makes your smile pop and minimizes any double chin action.
Related: 30 Healthy Snacks under 200 Calories
3. Keep your lips hydrated. Soft, smooth lips equal a welcoming smile. To relieve a parched pucker, try Neosporin Lip Health Hydration Therapy ($5). It's citrus-scented and doesn't leave your lips slimy, according to SELF testers.
4. Avoid lipstick-streaked teeth. Red smears on your chompers are usually a sign of over-applying. Instead of slathering it on, swipe lipstick down the center of your lips, then use a brush or your finger to blend the color outward.
5. Erase red wine stains. The sooner you get to stains, the less likely they are to stick. But if you aren't in a situation where you can brush, pop a piece of sugar-free gum instead. "Both whitening and regular gum work on the same principle -- saliva flows over your teeth, flushing away stains," says Lana Rozenberg, D.D.S., founder of the Dental Day Spa in New York City. Even rinsing with a swig of water or munching on raw veggies can do the trick (heavy chewing produces saliva).
More From SELF:
- 5 Ways to Get Cuter Cleavage--No Surgery Required
- How to get pilates abs
- Foods that fight cellulite
- 50 Foods that Make You Feel Good
- Jillian Michaels' Diet Tips
Photo Credit: WWD