By Meredith Turits, Glamour magazine
Finally, spring is rolling on in! While I'm a fan of getting cozy in my winter faves, I have to admit I'm excited to see more of the sun, less of the white stuff and shed my gigundo parka. But one thing I will thank the cold weather for? The simple style lesson I learned this season.
1. Invest in a good pair of tights! I used to rip two or three pairs of drugstrore stockings a week (and that adds up to major bucks!). So, this season, I bought one good pair of tights from Uniqlo, and they're still going strong-and they'll carry me through until the warm temps come!
I was so excited about my simple little style lesson that I taped the other Slaves to Fashion 'round these parts to see what they've learned this season, too.
2. Susan, your fave Fashion Week dispatcher, says: "A little moisturizer applied on TOP of your tights or stockings helps cut down on the static cling! (It's helpful when wearing the season's maxi skirts and dresses!)"
3. Lauren's tip? "Shopping online is super-easy and convenient (and sadly for my wallet, one of my favorite hobbies), but when buying an investment piece like a pair of boots or jeans, it's worth making the trip to the store to try them on. Otherwise, you may end up with a pair of boots you can't walk in, being left with the burden of sending them back, or worst case, not being able to return them at all!"
4. Natalie took a cue from one of our favorite style stars, Lauren Conrad. She says: "Learning to wear a hat, à la Lauren Conrad, was quite the coup for me. Added bonus-keeping my head warm meant I didn't need as many bulky layers around my body."
5. And our super-intern Rose shared this wisdom: "Fingerless gloves are essential. If you're a city chick, these gloves let you get to your metro and credit cards in a jiffy. If you're a tech goddess, they'll leave your fingertips free and ready to work your touchscreen phone or iPod. And, if you're a girly girl, they allow you to show off your fab mani. See? Works for everyone."
Brilliant! And, 'cause we want you to be prepared for spring, Tracey (you didn't think I'd leave her out, did ya?) offers up this final lil' gem:
6. "The jean jacket is my absolute favorite staple for spring! It's classic (hello, James Dean and Madonna both wore one), it's comfortable and it makes almost everything in my closet look better. When it's still chilly out, I layer up with a cashmere sweater underneath and a scarf on top, and when it gets warmer I throw it over cotton dresses and T-shirts. Mine is from Gap circa 1996, and it still looks modern, so they really haven't changed that much-if you still have one in the back of your closet somewhere, now is the time to bust it out again!"
Shop some good ones-all under $100, here!
Your turn: Now that spring is approaching, what's the biggest fashion lesson you've learned this season? Any good, simple tips you wanna share to help us swing into spring?
More from Glamour:
- 10 Things He's Thinking When You're Naked
- 19 Cute Celebrity Haircuts to Consider
- 8 Sex Moves Every Woman Should Try Once
- 12 Secret Signs He's Into You
- 21 Gorgeous Wedding Dresses (From $100 to $1,000!)
Photo Credit: Condé Nast Digital Studio