For wedding-day shoes--or party shoes in general--without the ouch factor, follow these six easy tips from BRIDES magazine and find a(nother) match made in heaven.
1. Size things up. If it's been a while, have your feet measured by a salesperson. Weight gain or loss, as well as age, can affect the size of your feet.
2. Take them for a test run. Wear your shoes around the house to break them in. Remember to scuff the soles with sandpaper to create traction and prevent slipping.
3. Keep cool and dry. Apply a gentle sprinkling of powder to the soles of your feet before putting on your shoes. It will help keep your feet dry and blister-free throughout the night.
4. Give yourself some wiggle room. As you try on shoes, remember that your toes and heels shouldn't feel locked. You should be able to move them.
5. Work the late shift. Shop for shoes in the afternoon. Feet expand throughout the day, and you'll be standing, dancing, and working the reception for hours. You want to be sure that your shoes feel good well into the evening.
6. Don't sacrifice comfort for style. You'll be wearing these shoes from your walk down the aisle until the last dance, so if a pair doesn't feel good on your feet right from the start, forget it.
Photo Credit: Halley Ganges
More from BRIDES magazine: