By Tracey Lomrantz, Glamour magazine
The rules of the right undergarments should be pretty clear to any loyal STF who's been reading this blog for a while--match your bra to your flesh tone and it'll never show through your top, right? I thought that was gospel, too, my dolls, until I picked up a highly useful (and way-too-strange-to-believe-it-'till-you've-seen-it) tip from one of the world's foremost bra experts.
A while back, I did a segment on The Today Show with Susan Nethero, AKA "The Bra Whisperer", on how to find the right skivvies for some of fall's trickiest clothes. We spent a lot of time in fittings together, and she mentioned this totally strange tip in passing: If you're in a pinch and you don't have a flesh-colored bra, wear a red or hot pink one under a white shirt! She told me that if you're fair-skinned, it will blend in with your complexion and it won't show through. I was skeptical, until I spent a recent weekend away and actually had to give the advice to a friend who had failed to pack the right bra (guess she didn't read about my near-disaster last week!)--and it totally worked! She's on the olive side, so it will definitely work for a full range of fair-to-peachy-to-olive tones, but I haven't found an equivalent yet for you darker skinned dolls (feel free to share if you have!). Isn't that kinda cool?
Love this tip? Shop a few red bras we're loving at every price point now!
- Confession time: My lingerie disaster that was (almost!) caught on camera
- Tips and tricks for finding your perfect size bra
- Afternoon laugh: A crazy piece of lingerie you have to see to believe
More from Glamour:
- 10 Things He's Thinking When You're Naked
- 19 Cute Celebrity Haircuts to Consider
- 8 Sex Moves Every Woman Should Try Once
- 12 Secret Signs He's Into You
- 21 Gorgeous Wedding Dresses (From $100 to $1,000!)
Photo Credit: netaporter.com