God-given curves aside, America Ferrera's look had 'pin-up queen' all over it at the Emmys.
Ferrara's makeup artist Vanessa Scali, working with Nars, referenced the sexy Vargas girls with those majorly red lips, but it worked, because it looked modern, not kitschy.
Check out more red carpet makeup mavens.
To prep skin for red lipstick, do as Scali did:
- Apply foundation only where you need it, and blend with your fingers.
- Apply concealer after foundation and only onto any areas that needed coverage. You'll find you need less concealer than you thought, says Scali.
- On the cheeks, use a combination of The Multiple in Portofino and Orgasm Blush, which gave Ferrara a slight touch of color and shimmer that "looked radiant--not made up," says Scali.
- Now that her skin looked fresh, healthy, and real, it was time for lipstick in Scarlett Empress, a semi-matte blue-red.
Leave it to Betty to show everyone how it's done.
--image via justjared.buzznet.com
The Hottest Cuts
Get the hair you really want. Experts tell you how to get the most coveted celebrity haircuts--right down to the very last snip!
Allure editors interview fashionable women in New York City--and beyond--in our new street style blog.
Inside Allure: Behind-the-scenes at the October cover shoot with Ellen Pompeo
View outtakes and photos of her looks through the years--and get exclusive scoop from our shoot.
- Subscribe to Allure right now and get a FREE TOTE BAG!