By Pia Bhattacharya, SELF magazine
You love your strappy sandals, peep-toe pumps and comfy wedges in the summertime, but they can really take a toll on your feet. Here are three essentials that will soothe your soles all summer long.
1. Sidewalk Shoe Survival Balm, $18: When I first saw this foot saver I thought it looked like a miniature silver deodorant stick, but it's packed full of skin soothing balm. It's supposed to alleviate irritation from tight straps, shoe-bites and those killer heels you can't help but flaunt while you flinch. Just apply a thin coating to your trouble spots and it'll protect and heal while you walk. And it fits in your purse!
2. Bliss Foot Patrol, $26: I recently had a spa-pedicure and fell in love with a tingly peppermint mask they used on my feet. I had to find something comparable for everyday. This foot cream both exfoliates and moisturizes. It's made with peppermint and aloe for a cool, tingly feeling to keep your feet feeling fresh while you hit the hot pavement.
3. Earth Therapeutics Aloe Moisture Aloe Socks, $7.99: Give your feet something to come home to. After a long day in heels, mine certainly yearn for some comfort. These fuzzy socks are infused with Aloe Vera and Vitamin E to moisturizer and soothe. They even beat the fresh-socks-out-of-the-dryer-feeling and stay surprisingly cool.
More from SELF:
- Try these superfoods for flat abs!
Check out SELF's stop cellulite workout
- SELF's annual healthy food awards showcases 66 fast fix foods you'll love to eat!
- Find the best swimsuit for your body type now!
Photo Credit: WWD