In choosing an outfit for a big event, most celebrities hope to avoid being named to any worst dressed lists and, possibly, get a nod for an amazing outfit. But there are other stars who, frankly, don't care what fans thinks.
1. Helena Bonham Carter, who is married to mad man director Tim Burton and stars in most of his crazy-costumed films, claimed she has a reputation to keep look awful on the red carpet. "I have a responsibility now to dress badly, so it's kind of liberating." She and designer Vivienne Westwood (no. 4 on this list) have already cooked up something special for the 2010 Academy Awards.
2. Mary-Kate and Ashley Olsen have never been ones for blending in with their peers.
3. Cyndi Lauper has been showing us her "True Colors" since the '80s.
4. Vivienne Westwood shows she knows how to have fun by showing up to an event on her bicycle.
5. When Bjork puts something on, people talk about it. We're still hearing about the swan dress she wore to the Oscars in 2001.
6. Patricia Arquette doesn't worry about following of-the-moment trends when she walks the red carpet.
7. Iconic style writer and contributor to Vogue magazine, Lynn Yaeger has been rocking her signature eccentric look way before Lady Gaga was born, meaning she always stands out-and is recognizable-in a fashionable crowd.
8. Attempting to guess what Lady Gaga will wear is pretty much impossible; the only known is that it'll be original.
- 10 Dresses To Bridge The Gap Between Winter And Spring
- Cheapskate Style: New Looks From The Gap
- Style 911: Can I Wear A Fitted Dress To Work?