As a Plus Size woman, Paula Guthrie could not find the clothing styles she wanted to wear and she didn't want to sacrifice quality for size. After searching and searching for a decent swimsuit in Dallas, she stumbled upon a Plus Size boutique in Hawaii where she found and purchased two Delta Burke swimsuits that fit her perfectly. Guthrie was so inspired by the experience that she decided to leave Corporate America and open Bodacious Boutique, a non-chain boutique for New Plus Sizes 14W-28W.
As we are in the midst of the swimsuit season, Guthrie offers Plus Size shoppers the following tips:
1. The swimsuit SHOULD be the same size as the size you wear in your daily clothes, to control sag.
2. If you like print suits, try to keep the print on top with a solid bottom, or a small polka dot works as an all over print.
3. Try the Tummy Control suits like Miraclesuit. (Lose 10lbs in 10 seconds is what the tag says) Suits with skirts or shorts cover a multitude of sins.
4. Don't be afraid to try a 2 piece, (Skirtini or Shortini). The tops are longer than you think. The 2 piece shorts suits are our best seller.
5. Buy Chlorine Free suits if you do water aerobics.