In the spirit of Earth Month, Emma Pazzack, founder of Futurenatural--an online beauty store hailed as an organic and natural Sephora--shares the top 5 reasons for using organic beauty products. After reading them, I'm totally convinced!
- Your skin absorbs up to 60% of what you apply to the surface. Using natural and organic beauty products is not a luxury - it's critical to your health.
- Organic ingredients create a less toxic environment for us, and the planet. In cosmetic formulations, chemical preservatives, petrochemicals, synthetic colors and fragrances are eliminated in favor of healthy, natural, effective alternatives.
- Organic cosmetics contain optimal amounts of bioactive ingredients that are a very important aid to the health of skin. Anti-oxidants, vitamins, minerals, essential fatty acids, oils (from seeds & nuts), fruit and vegetables, are powerful and effective tools in the fight against all skin problems!
- Organic has been proven to use less energy (on average, about 30 percent less), and is beneficial to soil, water and local habitat, not to mention safer for the people who harvest the crops.
- The natural scents & essential oils used in organic and natural beauty products have aromatherapeutic value - they don't just make you smell good, they make you feel good. Avoid using brands that list the smell of their product as 'fragrance' and do not disclose what that 'fragrance' is. Often this masks some very nasty chemicals.
-- Laurel Pantin
More from Teen Vogue: