If there's one must-have item for the upcoming fall and winter months, it's a leather piece. The leather movement is going strong and from what we saw during the Fall 2011 presentations at New York Fashion Week, it has no intention of slowing down. From 3.1 Phillip Lim to Alexander Wang, Derek Lam, Calvin Klein and Ralph Lauren, leather made a huge splash. It came in pants, shift dresses, skirts, pastel colors, rich dark colors and boy was it fabulous.
The beautiful thing about leather is that it never actually goes out of style, it just keeps being reinvented. The leather of today is definitely not your grandmother's leather, it's soft, flexible and versatile. You can dress it up or dress it down, pair it with your favorite jeans or a fitted feminine dress to add a little edge.
Leather has also gained momentum with a ton of stylish stars. Celebrities like Halle Berry, Jennifer Aniston, Sarah Jessica Parker and Blake Lively are all huge fans of incorporating unique leather pieces into their street and red carpet looks.
Leather is an investment piece and if you choose wisely, you'll find that it's worth every penny from the moment you buy it and again 10 to 15 years later.Steal the leather look...
Whether it's the motorcycle jacket, leather pants, leather sheath or a sleek leather skirt, you can steal the leather look for a fraction of the runway cost. Check out the chic looks below and shop the alternatives at Rue de Chic + This week only, take 35% off all leather items! (ENTER CODE: RDC35)
Steal this look: The Faye Highwaisted Wideleg Leather Trousers
- The Faye Highwaisted Wideleg Leather Trousers - Cognac is a hot color for fall and so is the highwaisted, wideleg …
Or if you're craving classic black...
Steal this look: The "Pascale" Highwaisted Skinny Leather Pants
- Whether you're into the edginess of the motorcycle jacket (as seen on Blake Lively and Jennifer Aniston) or the …
- The distressed and layered Gemma Jacket (to the left) and the Emmanuele Motorcycle Jacket (to the right).
- Sandra Bullock and Jessica Alba look sexy, chic and sleek in leather dresses with distinct shoulders
- Blake Lively, Brooklyn Decker and Zoe Saldana and Jessica Lowndes all look radiant in leather sheaths
Steal this look:The "Mercer" Leather Dress
Steal this look: The Leona Pencil Skirt
What do you think of the huge leather trend for fall? Are you willing to branch out from the basic leather jacket?
Other stories of the day: