While we've seen brooding Twilight Saga star Kristen Stewart in a bevy of different mini-dresses on the red carpet, one thing remains the same: her signature smoky eyes. To find out how to recreate her sultry look, we caught up with Robin Mathews, makeup department head of not just New Moon and Eclipse, but The Runaways too.
1. Apply a brownish metallic taupe eye shadow over the entire lid so there are no hard edges, and blend it out well, stopping just shy of the brow bone.
2. Use dark black eyeliner pencil and apply a generous amount of liner on the top and bottom eye lids. Make sure you go as close to the lash line as possible. With a small smudging brush, smudge the liner on the top and bottom lids.
Related: Step up to your best body now!
3. If you've smudged the liner out too much, reapply a heavier coat along the lash line, and also line the inner rim of your lower lash-line.
4. Dip your smudging brush into a dark reddish brown shadow, and swipe over the black liner and blend making sure the color graduates outward. this makes eyes look multidimensional, and really makes eye color pop.
5. Finally, curl your lashes and apply mascara first on the tops of lashes to get rid of any shadow that may have fallen on then, and then scissoring up underneath for volume and definition.
More from SELF:
- Try these superfoods for flat abs!
Check out SELF's stop cellulite workout
- SELF's annual healthy food awards showcases 66 fast fix foods you'll love to eat!
Find the best swimsuit for your body type
Photo Credit: WWD