Some mornings your hair looks shiny and perfect, and other days it's flat, frustrating, and you have no idea what went wrong. But Hollywood's hottest celebs, stylists, and women with flawless hair all know one thing - the key to gorgeous, salon-style waves is all in your blowout. Put bad hair days behind you with these simple steps any woman can master.
Get Gorgeous Waves
1. Shampoo and condition hair with hydrating products. If you are prone to frizziness, look for items that are free of sulfates and parabens. "Harsh detergents and preservatives overdry your hair," says David Dieguez, creative director of the Blow salons in New York City . "These will give you smooth, wavy locks." Try Aveda Damage Remedy Restructuring Shampoo and Conditioner ($24 each).
2. Run a balmlike curl enhancer through the ends. "There is nothing worse than hard waves," says Oribe, owner of the Oribe Salon in Miami Beach , who styles celebrities like Jennifer Lopez. "Look for products that add moisture." Try Tigi Bed Head Foxy Curls Contour Cream ($16.95).
3. Divide hair into two-inch sections.
4. Begin with a boar-bristle round brush (like i|m 38mm Boar Thermal Round [$21]) and pull it down from the roots to dry them straight for a modern look, or place the brush underneath to add height to flat hair.
5. Once the roots of the section are dry, twirl the ends away from your face with your hands or brush. Hit hair with the dryer, finishing with a shot of cold air to freeze the wave.
6. Run a serum through the ends to repel humidity. Try Kérastase Paris Serum Nutri-Sculpt ($29).
7. Make it last: Prolong your blowout by sleeping on a silk pillowcase. "It's the only fabric that won't create friction and prevents frizz," says Dieguez.
The Hottest Models of All Time
Must-Have Looks for Summer
Beauty Buys That Really Work
Halle Berry in the Season's Hottest Looks
Looking for More on Fashion, Beauty, and Shopping? Subscribe to Harper's Bazaar!
Reprinted with Permission of Hearst Communications, Inc.