Think having a mom who is the editor-in-chief of one of the biggest fashion magazines in the world means you get a closet the size of Texas and every accessory under the sun? Maybe! But there are also downfalls. Here's a look at what it's like to be the kids of some of the world's biggest fashion moguls:
1. One of the most powerful moms in the industry is Anna Wintour, whose daughter, Bee Shaffer, is often snapped sitting at her mother's side at fashion shows. But unlike Mumsy Wintour, Bee doesn't want to be surrounded by the pressures of this industry: "I really don't want to work in fashion. It's just not for me. I respect her, obviously, but it's just a really weird industry ... She wants me to be an editor ... but if that's your career-there are other things out there, seriously ... I think I want to be a lawyer."
Wonder if Wintour threw a Louboutin at the wall when she heard that her daughter had taken a job working at the déclassé CollegeHumor.com?
2. Like, Bee, sometimes the children of fashion moguls, just want to be normal and "blend in" according to Julia Restoin-Roitfeld, daughter of Vogue France editor-in-chief Carine Roitfeld "As a kid, you just want to fit in, you want to look like everyone else," Roitfeld explains. "You don't want to be in leopard shirts and leather pants."
3. By the time she was 23, Margherita Missoni was the glamorous ambassador of the famous Italian Missoni knit brand, a socialite fixture on the international nightlife scene, and the face of several of the company's campaigns. Living your life as an Italian princess in Missoni prints? We'd be down.
4. Ava, the eight-year-old daughter of fashion PR guru (and breakout TV star from MTV's "The City") Kelly Cutrone, may be a bit young to be releasing statements about what her driven mother is like. But thanks to Kelly's new reality series, "Kell On Earth," we do know that little Ava gets some first-rate perks, like a closet full of cute clothes (that your mom knows just how to style!) and seats to the hottest runway shows in town.
5. Look to Nathalie Love as an up-and-comer in the world of acting and modeling. Daughter to West Coast Teen Vogue editor Lisa Love, Nathalie scored a spot in this commercial for the Olsen Twin's clothing line Olsenboye (she's the blonde in the plaid shirt), and she has a small role in an upcoming Uma Thurman film.
6. Ally Hilfiger, daughter of iconic Americana designer Tommy Hilfiger, first gained exposure by way of the MTV reality show "Rich Girls," where she was acting as a consultant (or, from what we remember, more of a harsh critic) for her dad's designs. Since then, Ally's done some acting and had her hands in all sorts of fashion projects. No doubt she'll stay in the industry to either continue her father's work or use her position to launch something new.
7. The daughter of Paris fashion designer, Sonia Rykiel, Nathalie Rykiel, got her hands in the business by first becoming a model for the Rykiel brand. Later, she moved over to the business side of the company. Today, she's the line's president and artistic director.
Posted by: Leonora Epstein on The Frisky
More To Love From The Frisky: