Conde Nast Digital StudioBy SELF magazine
Bye-bye harsh winter winds! Spring has sprung and with it a whole new palette of happy lip shades have arrived. But your new favorite colors can't look their best if your lips aren't in good shape. Want soft lips? Try this at-home exfoliating lip scrub made with yummy strawberries. It'll have you puckering up to pretty in no time!
Acids from fruits such as strawberry and lemon combined with sugar help to remove dead skin cells from your lips - leaving them soft and kissable!
What You'll Need:
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 1 tsp honey
- 1 1/2 tsp granulated white sugar
- 1 tsp lemon juice
- 1 strawberry
What to Do:
- In a small bowl, mix the olive oil and honey.
- Using the back of a spoon, crush the strawberry into the mixture and add the lemon juice.
- Pour in the granulated sugar (don't mix it too much, you don't want it to dissolve completely).
- Using your finger, apply the scrub to your lips and let it sit for a minute or so. Then, rub gently in circles to exfoliate.
- Remove the scrub with a warm, wet cloth and follow up with a vitamin-packed lip balm like Burt's Bees Rejuvenating Lip Balm with Acai Berry to keep your lips nourished and soft.
More from SELF:
• How Gwyneth Changed Her Butt: Gwyneth's Tracy Anderson Workout
• Gwyneth Paltrow's Cardio Playlist
• Fudgy Chocolate Brownies, Blueberry Muffins and More of Gwyneth's Favorite Recipes
• Best Yoga Moves for Abs
• Healthy No-Cook Meals