Polish supermodel Anna Jagodzinska claims her former agency, Next, owes her $320,000. …This week Jezebel ran an article about three models who are suing Next management for stealing their money. Anna Jagodzinska, Karmen Pedaru, and Anna Cywinska, claim their agency owes them a collective $750,000, and though they left Next back in April, the company has refused to pay the models the money they are owed. Each of them are seeking these back payments plus $1 million in damages.
While we empathize with anyone who's been ripped off, we were truly fascinated by Jagodzinska's April 23 account statement, which shows exactly how much she was supposed to earn for each of her modeling jobs. For any of you who have ever wondered just how much a model makes for striking a pose, prepare to be amazed:
- French Vogue shoot - $125
- Vogue shoot - $250
- J.Crew campaign - $15,000
- H&M campaign - $60,000
- Laird & Partners productions - $35,000 (they produce ads for luxury companies like Donna Karan and Bottega Veneta)
- Grey Paris productions - $172,500 (they also produce ad campaigns)
Anna Jagodzinska's April 23 account statement from Next modeling agency. Photo courtesy of JezebelCheck out the full invoice on the right.
So while appearing in Vogue may boost a model's status or seem really fancy, the big bucks clearly come from mainstream ad campaigns. And while this statement shows Jagodzinska raking in $231,372, Next took $56,675 of her pay as commission. What's leftover for standing around looking pretty sure isn't bad, but it's chump change when compared with the 10 highest earning models, according to Forbes. Below, the most gorgeous ladies with the fattest paychecks this year:
1. Gisele Bündchen- $25 million
2. Heidi Klum - $16 million
3. Kate Moss - $9 million-
4. Adriana Lima - $7.5 million
5. Doutzen Kroes - $6 million
6. Alessandra Ambrosio - $5.5 million
7. Natalia Vodianova - $5.5 million
8. Daria Werbowy - $4.5 Million
9. Miranda Kerr - $4 million
10. Carolyn Murphy - $3.5 million
Don't hate them because they're beautiful. Hate them because they get paid so much to be beautiful.
Backstage at the Victoria's Secret Fashion Show
I Want to See My Race on Vogue's Cover
Supermodels without photoshop