By Megan Gustashaw, Glamour magazine
We gals here at Glamour.com wanted to remember Apple founder and CEO Steve Jobs, who sadly passed away yesterday, by giving a shout-out to just a few of the ways he made the world a more stylish, more chic place. His life-altering products turned so many Glamour Don'ts into Glamour Dos - just scan the rows of chic, put-together women on subway platforms, waiting rooms and airplanes for proof.
Related: 12 Secret Signs He's Into You
1. Remember the yellow Discman you had before you got an iPod? There's not an OMG handbag in the world that could dress up that baby. And that's assuming you even attempted to get it into your handbag without causing the CD to skip. Not a good look!
2. And then came iPod Shuffle, which gave us the opportunity to walk out of the house on a Saturday night with just a teeny, tiny clutch, listening to Gwen Stefani's "Hollerback Girl" (which also came out in 2005) on our way to meet up with friends. It makes you smile just thinking about it.
Related: The Top 10 Ways to Wake Up Prettier
3. And at work, our clunky, grey-ish computers were transformed into pop color, outfit-enhancing chic machines (yes, I said chic machines). What fashionista out there didn't dream of having one in every color, to go with every outfit?
4. How to even address what the iPhone has done for fashion? From reporting live from fashion shows on Twitter, Tumblr and Instagr.am, to uploading wishlist pics to cool apps like Pose to Shazam-ing all the great runway music for our new Spotify account (more on that soon), the changes have been nothing short of epic - and that's just fashion week.
5. And last but not least, with the iPad came the first complete digital issue of Glamour magazine. We like to think our iPad app makes the world a more stylish place, and it wouldn't exist without Steve Jobs and his work at Apple.
That's just 5 out of a host of reasons why he will truly be missed.
How will you remember Steve Jobs? What's one thing he did to make your life more stylish (or just better)? Share your thoughts in the comments.
More from Glamour:
- 19 Cute Celebrity Haircuts to Consider
- 36 Cute Fall Dresses Under $100
- 10 Things He's Thinking When You're Naked
- 21 Gorgeous Wedding Dresses Under $1,000
Photo Credit: Courtesy of Apple